ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lambda sensor

clio mk2 1.4 16v
When looking for a replacement for my mk2 clio 1.4 16v eurocarparts states there are two types available - pre cat and post cat. My car has only a post cat sensor.
Are the sensors identical?
Main reason I'm asking is due to the fact that the ones listed as post cat appear to be 40% more expensive and if the only difference is a bit of cable length then I can live with tying it back.

Clio 2 PH 2 K4j
My car has only a post cat sensor.

Imposibble, injection system would't work with only one oxygen sensor past the cat. The first and main CO2 sensor is at the outlet manifold, just below inlet's manifold casing.

clio mk2 1.4 16v
Imposibble, injection system would't work with only one oxygen sensor past the cat. The first and main CO2 sensor is at the outlet manifold, just below inlet's manifold casing.
Ok, can you link me to one? As my haynes manual only lists one post cat aswell.

MK3 GTI golf 16v
If I remember rightly from owning a 1.2 years ago, there is only a pre cat sensor not a post cat. So only 1 sensor

clio mk2 1.4 16v
My car is the 1.4 16v and the lambda sensor screws in just before the olive joint that attaches the centre section to the cat. It's definitely down from the cat, I was just intrigued as to where the sensor tom_k4j was on about.

Clio 2 PH 2 K4j
My car is the 1.4 16v and the lambda sensor screws in just before the olive joint that attaches the centre section to the cat. It's definitely down from the cat, I was just intrigued as to where the sensor tom_k4j was on about.

It's at the end of outlet manifold, on top of it, just before (from the engine perspective) the elastic joint. It's below the intake manifold. It's at first hardly visible from below the vehicle, look thoroughly :smile:

Look at the picture:
http://thumbs3.picclick.com/d/l400/pict/181134211606_/RENAULT-CLIO-MK3-12-EXHAUST-MANIFOLD-WITH.jpg

Both, post and pre cat oxygen sensors in 1.4 16V K4J are exactly the same thus why haynes may be listing only one.