ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lancer Evolution Appreciation Thread

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
Depends which car it was. There was one that had a turbo engine in it - it belonged to Craig Lieberman, who was a technical consultant on at least the first film. I think it was one of his own cars, so had most of the bits done, but was repainted and modified further to suit the needs of the film. There would then have been replica cars built for various action sequences, so those ones wouldn't have had all the modifications included to save costs. The Supra action cars were recycled from the first film and turned into the gold car used in some scenes in 2Fast 2Furious.

I believe several of the cars from the first film were privately owned. The "extra" cars in the street racing scene all were. I seem to remember a selection of the character's cars were featured in Max Power magazine and on a video/DVD they did about the US tuning scene around the time the first film came out. The owners were there with the cars. I've still got the DVD somewhere I think. I read somewhere that the Fortune RX-7 in Tokyo Drift was bought from Veilside and repainted into the orange and black for the film.

One of the Eclipses from the original film was for sale in the UK at one time. I remember my friend showing it to me. It was sub-£10k and we debated buying it. This was before Paul Walker died. On reflection we probably should have.

Anyway, I'm going to shut up now, because I'm starting to sound like a loser.

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Depends which car it was. There was one that had a turbo engine in it - it belonged to Craig Lieberman, who was a technical consultant on at least the first film. I think it was one of his own cars, so had most of the bits done, but was repainted and modified further to suit the needs of the film. There would then have been replica cars built for various action sequences, so those ones wouldn't have had all the modifications included to save costs. The Supra action cars were recycled from the first film and turned into the gold car used in some scenes in 2Fast 2Furious.

I believe several of the cars from the first film were privately owned. The "extra" cars in the street racing scene all were. I seem to remember a selection of the character's cars were featured in Max Power magazine and on a video/DVD they did about the US tuning scene around the time the first film came out. The owners were there with the cars. I've still got the DVD somewhere I think. I read somewhere that the Fortune RX-7 in Tokyo Drift was bought from Veilside and repainted into the orange and black for the film.

One of the Eclipses from the original film was for sale in the UK at one time. I remember my friend showing it to me. It was sub-£10k and we debated buying it. This was before Paul Walker died. On reflection we probably should have.

Correct. Especially the loser bit🤣🤣👍.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Yea it was sold at Auction a few years ago,

Like any movie involving car stunts, more than one version of this car was built, including a “hero” car for close-up scenes and others designed and built to perform the actual stunts. This 1993 Toyota Supra was built for The Fast and The Furious by Eddie Paul at The Shark Shop in El Segundo

This Supra was featured throughout the movie, including the final race scene between Walker’s character and that of fellow actor Vin Diesel.

It's legit though, the actual car used in the final race scene and it was non-turbo. Keep that in mind next time you watch the film :eek:

Explains all.......

gavinf91

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 9, Fiesta
evo222.jpg

my 9 GT after a clean.

sorry if you heard me being antisocial @Feirny :oops:

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
I've got the sports cat off a 360 knocking around my garage, pity it's value doesn't track the rest of the car.

Evo 5 RS
Probably easier to import unicorn tears these days.

Get the odd one pop up on MLR with vague info...Dunno what it is with that forum and bods coming out of nowhere and putting the most informationless adverts known to man.

You'd think because you're only really testing the water for a car you forgot you had in your garage because people want to pay top dollar for these old sheds (even if it's clean)that you'd at least make some effort?

Pricks. Otherwise don't get the arse ache when someone offers you peanuts.

/rant

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
There were a few at the Snetterton rally a few weeks ago. Was surprised to see some older ones, as it's mostly VI - IX models these days. I do love a I/II/III though.

IMG_20200215_134522.jpg
IMG_20200215_120921.jpg

IMG_20200215_094753.jpg

Evo 5 RS
I am dreading putting my old car up in the next couple of weeks. I won't even bother putting it on the MLR tbh, place is pretty much done.

There's about 6 cars for sale on there lol. You should be alright. It is a ballache though. Second viewer bought mine. First one couldn't even really afford it and was hoping to knock me down, till he realised it really was as good as the advert

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Yea MLR gets a handful of posts per day.

If you've gotta pay to be able to put an advert up don't bother

adamlstr

ClioSport Club Member
There's about 6 cars for sale on there lol. You should be alright. It is a ballache though. Second viewer bought mine. First one couldn't even really afford it and was hoping to knock me down, till he realised it really was as good as the advert

Mine will attract all kinds of s**t.

It'll be up for < 7k. :sneaky:

jameswrx

ClioSport Club Member
I had loads of Evo’s years ago, I could never really fall in love with them though. I just prefer the more agricultural feel of Imprezas and they’re what I’ve really loved and kept for years.

Here’s a few of my old ones, last Evo I had was prob 11 years ago!

2F538C58-3D02-44BF-8C6A-BBF65334565F.jpeg

This was quite a rare car, RSX evo 6
27686E20-71FC-4CCE-B091-25E37B304125.jpeg

nice car this one which I put back to std (just lower) and fav mod was the orange indicators.
7475505E-1805-43B2-9D38-C1FF9197B70A.jpeg

It took me a long time to grow up and ignore the “evos are better than Imprezas” argument that kept me buying them to try and fall in love with.

The only thing I’d buy one for now is an Evo 5 as an investment. I tried to get a mate to buy one a year or so ago, fresh import, mint underneath and was like £8k. The yanks love an Evo and when their 25 year rule hits them the prices will go flying up.

Evo 5 RS
Another one down. Had a Polish guy message me asking if I still had the rear seats to my old crash damaged MR. Heart sank a wee bit. Spoke to the guy I sold it to, turns out he binned it a few months ago and the insurance wrote it off after a fight. This guy bought it at salvage.

Asked him if he'll sell me back the seats and turbo lol.

1584098920009.png

1584099051471.png

1584098956760.png

1584099013916.png