ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lane discipline, lack of...

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
...or driving with one's head up one's arse :mad:

Out for a blast to scrub in my new PE2s and came across these two numpties...makes my blood boil! No matter how hard I try I can't get my head round why you'd want to take a lane 1/2 mile before you need to while you hold everyone else up...unless you're a clueless f**kwit.

Or why you'd drive like there's no one else around you. It's no wonder people get undertaken so much.

Last edited by a moderator:
  DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
Have to contend with ignorance/arrogance like that on every journey these days. No standards of driving whatsoever

DB.

BMW 440i
First one wouldn't really bother me tbh. Second one happens to me at more or less every roundabout.

Agreed.

Try not to be 'so technical' and you won't get so wound up/cut up. Just assume people will do these things, as they will.

Its easy to be guilty of getting annoyed at someone you know is going to do what you think, eg the 2nd incident. Just let them do it, and drive on as normal.

RS6 C7
Agreed.

Try not to be 'so technical' and you won't get so wound up/cut up. Just assume people will do these things, as they will.

Its easy to be guilty of getting annoyed at someone you know is going to do what you think, eg the 2nd incident. Just let them do it, and drive on as normal.

Have you driven that roundabout in Brum just as you get on the Aston express way, Iv'e had so many close one's on there with people who have no clue where they are going.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
Agreed.

I can't not be technical. Driving is technical. Bad driving should be punished with death

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
People wandering aimlessly from lane to lane is normal practice in Coventry,
it doesn't help that Stevie Wonder paints the lanes on all the roundabouts in this city,
none of them ever really take you in the direction you were expecting.

If you asume everyone's clueless and is a few seconds from crashing into you,
then nothing surprises you and you'll be less stressed on the roads.....mostly.

GTD, Lupo
That roundabout in chichester is really badly designed and every time i go down there someone does that!

DB.

BMW 440i
I can't not be technical. Driving is technical. Bad driving should be punished with death

By being overly technical and not assuming what others will be doing, you are effectively being a 'bad driver' though. Just have to be conscious of other drivers at all times, especially at places you know they will cross lanes etc. As angry as it can make me, it's part of driving.

Just like the idiots who walk through shopping centres, then stop all of a sudden and start talking on there phone or something not realising people are behind them.

Cotball - Which one do you mean? Went down the Aston expressway earlier when nipping to Nottingham and back.

RS6 C7
By being overly technical and not assuming what others will be doing, you are effectively being a 'bad driver' though. Just have to be conscious of other drivers at all times, especially at places you know they will cross lanes etc. As angry as it can make me, it's part of driving.

Just like the idiots who walk through shopping centres, then stop all of a sudden and start talking on there phone or something not realising people are behind them.

Cotball - Which one do you mean? Went down the Aston expressway earlier when nipping to Nottingham and back.

The matalan one. :)

DB.

BMW 440i
Ah yeah, never tend to go on that as I head through town and into Harborne, but yeah, i know it's a bad one, lot's of uninsured drivers too in that area.

Worst driving I find in Birmingham is in the M+S carpark in Haborne. (Mostly elderly and female, it's sometimes comical it's that bad). I avoid it and park on the backroads around it as the likelyhood of them taking your door off is high.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
When I say blood boil, I mean it angers me, frustrates me that people drive to such a low standard and never make any effort to improve.

I don't let it get to me in the road...if I did I'd not have sat patiently behind the BMW, or dropped back from the MPV awaiting their next unpredictable move the moment I realised they were clearly a r****d.

DB.

BMW 440i
Yeah you can see that Mark.

Depending on what speed the BMW was going, if it was about 50, id have undertaken, if it was going 70, id have done as you did.

steve32c

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
Looks like the second one took the roundabout a bit too quick for their bus to cope with the 'tight' turn judging by the last minute lane change and break lights!
At least he did indicate to let you know he was pulling back across to the left. Depending what time of night it was they may have had a couple too many at their last stop.
I tend to follow people like that at a steady distance and you'll be surprised how often they wander across lanes.
If you suspect they've been drinking you could always ring crimestoppers, I've heard it's £500 quid in your pocket if successfully convicted and it'll be another insurance claim waiting to happen to someone off the road..............

Unless they're a complete t**t and continue to drive with no license or insurance.

172 cup
I do around 5-600 miles through work driving between jobs and regularly see appalling driving like the above.My theory is to assume that everyone in a car really is thick enough to do just about anything!

Cheers Ross.

Short Norman

ClioSport Club Member
  997 C4S
If you asume everyone's clueless and is a few seconds from crashing into you,
then nothing surprises you and you'll be less stressed on the roads.....mostly.

I take this approach, I'm always surprise how many times I can predict what someone's going to do before they do it. Then if they nearly crash into me and I press the horn the clueless look they give does wind me up.

Too many people don't take any pride in how they drive. I agree bad driving should be punished by death.

172 Race Car
Prefer the driving in Germany, now they understand lane discipline.
So true, no aggression either. You see some lights in your mirror clearly doing stupid kph, they dont steam up behind you but back off way early and go by when you have overtaken the slow bus/lorry.

Disastra Coupe
Not so much bad driving but lack of observing properly, perhaps.

I was at some lights the other day. 3 lanes, far left for left and the other 2 for straight on and right. I'm sat in the middle lane.
Left lane lights change green for people to go left, others stay red. Then i have a chap pipping at me behind and swearing telling me to move!!

Pointed to the lights and giggled to myself. You could tell how small he felt when he realised :rasp:

Evo 5 RS
Thats not exactly great driving no but it's hardly a worthy example. Christ I could pick out a better example every day pretty much. There is something in the air in this country though I'm sure of it. I'm surprised some people manage to get dressed in the morning

Mk1 16v brooklands
1st one wouldn't bother me unless I pulled behind him and he Didn't pull in, 2nd one was a total tit