ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Laptop going slowwwwwwwwww

172 cup
Can anyone help me, Im rubbish with this sort of stuff but recently my Laptop is running very slow with the internet

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Laptops do tend to f**k up if they aren't exposed to spankwire etc on a regular basis.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Mine has increased in speed since I installed registry mechanic. Seriously, the registry can slow your machine down incredibly as it's got so many dead links and crossed wires to negotiate through at a continuous rate.

421 Cammed 172
Tyssen download a program from www.downloads.com called Advanced SystemCare Free. Let it run and it works wonders.

It'll do everything for you and back everything up so no risk of buggering it all up :)

It does everything everyones mentioned.

go to start
then run
type in "msconfig"
you then get a box that has several tabs you need to go the the start up tab
untick all the boxes,

restart laptop/pc

this means it will not load all programs on the machine in the background,works a treat and improves start up time by alot, give it a go,

obviously if you want certain programs to load on start up e.g. msn messenger then just tick the box again

None
When my old sony viao started running slow, (i mean really really slow) i almost thought of getting rid but then just decided as a last resort to upgrade the memory from 1gig to 2 gig and the transformation was unbelievable, it runs like new again now, the ammount of crap on there in the background meant it was running too many applications for it's ram capacity so adding more sped up everything no end :)