ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Laptop recommendations please

Clio 182
Hey up,

I’m looking for a laptop but haven’t really got any idea of what I should be looking for. I have about £1300 max to spend and the only real set requirement is that I would like it to be wire less.

Any recommendations? Makes, models, specs etc.

Any help much appreciated

Cheers

James

Macbook Pro if you are at Uni (you can get one just inside this on student discount, I'm sure)

Or, Sony Vaio SZ.

They were my choices when I bought my lappy :)

Clio DCi 65
mate what you gunna b using it for is the most important thing?

If its for uni you wouldnt need to spend nearly half as much as that to get a decent spec one!

damo!

It's all about style.. ;)

Carbon fibre Vaio or a Macbook Pro - doesn't get any better! ;)
(and they are very good machines, too :p)

Nez

White Megane R26 F1 230
£699 is all you need to spend, I'd recommend the HP DV2036. I've sold loads of these to you students! lol

If your going to be doing any design/3D cad stuff then you might need something a bit more powerfull. But this is more than enough for everyday student stuff

AMD Turion 64 x2 512 (AMD's version of Dual Core)
1024mb
100gb
Wireless LAN

It has a webcam built-in to the monitor, very stylish looks. Also has a remote control so you don't need it on your lap when playing tracks/movies.

http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/uk/e...P Pavilion dv2036ea Notebook PC&lang=en&cc=uk

Yea, HP laptops are nice.
Infact, I work with a lot of manufacturers (laptops, servers, pcs) and I reckon HP is about the best all round.. not the cheapest, but probably right up there in terms of quality.

Dell are quite good too..

HP all the way IMO! Very good work horses! Just add some more RAM to what ever you get and you're laffin!

Clio 182
Well its really for general use. Mainly at home tho to run the office packages and music etc. I really just want a good all rounder like the look of the sony machines but i dont really know what the advantages of a sony is or is it just name?

The HP laptops look good. sounds as if they are woth a look into.