ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Laptop won't connect to wifi

RB 182
Not sure if this is the right section but I've spent all evening being so frustrated with my laptop!!

I was on it earlier and the Internet was working fine, then all of a sudden it disconnected. Ever since then I haven't been able to connect to wifi. Every time I try and connect it just says can't connect to this network. If I go down to the router and plug it straight into my laptop it works fine.

I've tried resetting the router, reinstalling my wireless drivers, resetting the IP address but nothing seems to be working :( Any ideas what else I can try?

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
turn your laptop off for 10 minutes, and your router off for 10 minutes. Then everything back on again.

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
- Reinstall wifi drivers - download latest from the maufacturer website - looks like you have done this.
-reset tcp ip stack - sounds scary but isnt. :
click start type cmd and hit enter to open a command prompt
type this and press enter:
netsh int ip reset
it will then probably ask you to reboot the laptop.

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
Start > Run > CMD
Type ipconfig and click enter.
Find default gateway and type the IP in to your web browser. That'll open up your router settings.

RB 182
turn your laptop off for 10 minutes, and your router off for 10 minutes. Then everything back on again.

This worked!! Yay, thanks :) I'd turned them both off, but not at the same time and hadn't left them for 10 minutes. Who'd have thought something so simple would fix it lol

Thanks guys!

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Question 1 with any 'tech' problems..

Roy-1.jpg

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Worth checking in future if you have a wireless issue - if something like your phone can also connect to the router wirelessly. A quicker check to see if the router is the issue than having to reinstall laptop wireless drivers, etc. :)