ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Last One! Does Anyone Know what this is?

Renault Clio 172 Sport
Sorry all, ive been working on my clio tonight. Ive noticed this, does anyone know what it is?
Looks like something attaches here? There is this paste stuff and god knows what it is???? The second photo to the left shows like bolt holes?
IMG_14651.jpg
IMG_14641.jpg

Thanks,
Chris

Chelsea tractor
The holes are a mount to hold the silencer of a standard airbox aren't they? (the ones at the front)

Renault Clio 172 Sport
Oh well, as long as its not ANOTHER thing for me to sort.
I bought the car cheap to do up and ive picked up a few more things than i budgeted for!. I was just getting paranoid. Its just been in for a major service so i would have thought they would have picked up something
if anything was a miss. Obviously not.

Renault Clio 172 Sport
Actually to my next question, the engine could really do with cleaning, especially the top and front, is there anything you can recommend for bringing it up nice>?
(And dont say a blow torch!).

Renault Clio 172 Sport
is that an ekotec valve in the edge of one of the pics?

Think so... What the hell do they do?
I bought the car really cheap off someone, it has been chipped, Viper Induction, that valve, magnex exhaust.
If you can advise i would be grateful!

Audi TT 225
Note the foil inside, its a breather. That isn't a hillpower bend its just an elbow so theres nowhere for the ICSV pipe to connect to so I assume he put the breather filter on there to stop crap getting sucked into the engine.