ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Last pics, farewell old chum

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
The new owner picks up the car this weekend :( 40k miles and its been AWESOME :

Last_01.gif

Last_02.gif

Last_03.gif

Last_04.gif

Last_05.gif

Ordering one of these :

Megane_05.gif

Megane_02.gif

I'll be sticking around still!

Gareth.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
one of the most immaculate cars (let alone 172's) i've ever seen.

i hope the next owner treats it as well as you Gaz.

Meggy looks awesome though. full leather too? :approve:

Lotus Elise 111R
Gareth, after my run round Brands in the 225 yesterday, I may well follow in your footsteps 172 to 225.

You enjoy.
Piers

weird - I feel like I should be selling my car - loads of the old timers are getting rid of theirs and Im feeling insecure now! lol.
did you get good money for it Gareth?

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
to be honest I've let it go for my rock bottom price, so its a bit of a bargain, but hey ho, the way the market is and all. Its a lot of car for the money, that's for sure. I know the feeling Tim, I was feeling exactly the same before I put it up for sale, its not been an easy decision, far from it, I think I've driven the missus up the wall!

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
ChrisE said:
Good choice on new car mate...!

Even if it wasn't a V6 ;)

lol, I would have loved a V6, but handsfree card, leather recaros, 3 years warranty, brand new car, tyre pressure monitor, big boot, 5 seats, folding mirrors and the list goes on! (for cheaper than a decent V6 255 also) oh and £450 insurance.

MKIII 138
Gareth said:
lol, I would have loved a V6, but handsfree card, leather recaros, 3 years warranty, brand new car, tyre pressure monitor, big boot, 5 seats, folding mirrors and the list goes on! (for cheaper than a decent V6 255 also) oh and £450 insurance.

and £350 brings 265bhp and 270lbft also big power for a not so heavy car (well compared with a golf gti or a scooby)

always liked this car, sorry to see it go. its done you proud for sure bud, the next one looks as good too.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Immaculate 172 there Gareth - looks like you poured plenty of time and effort into keeping it looking good!

I'm sure the Meggy will make its passing-on easier to deal with. ;)

D.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
cheers for the comments guys, the club has been the icing on the cake throughout ownership and is even harder to let go, its a two month wait for the Megane, so until then I've got a 65bhp 1.5 clio dci monster to play with lol.

Meggy225
Always liked your car Gaz, looked good on the Dare V2's and the Turini's. Always kept immaculate!!

You'll love the Meggy mate, I'm over the moon from mine, it's a whole different world to my Clio 1.2!! It's so much more than I ever could of expected. There are so many toys!

I see you've got one of my pics as your avatar, good choice!

See you on Meganesport.net mate

Cheers
Gaz

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Gareth said:

Tyre pressure monitors will be the bain of your life my friend, trust me!!!;)

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
well its heading straight for the Ring so I don't think it will be looked after as well as it has been, its going to be more of a trackcar moving forward.

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
Well having seen your 172 back on the Wales meet, i have to say it's one of the best kept examples i've seen.
Just hope we don't hear of it having been thrown into the scenery now that its moving on to someone who may not give it as much care and attention as you did!

Good luck with the 225 fella.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
cheers dude! Memorable moments, doing a NW late night run then going straight home to Surrey 240 miles away, SW breakfast run a few weeks later (awesome, much respect), Power Engineering RR (2003), couple of trips to Cornwall its been great.

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
Well Im doing the next Wales Breakfast Run on October 8th so if you fancy the trek back up there when you get the 225 then shout me!

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
Ollie1982 said:
Well Im doing the next Wales Breakfast Run on October 8th so if you fancy the trek back up there when you get the 225 then shout me!

would do mate, but don't think the 225 will be here by then.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
yeah that's someone elses pic! Mine is being ordered brand new, not going to have it for a couple of months yet.

Inferno 182 w/ Recaros ;)
So to get 265bhp all you need to do is a remap?

I test drove one of the phase 1s the other day and really liked it. I sat in a phase 2 and absolutely loved the interior! Think I might be giving buymynewcar.com a call some time! 14,500 for a full fat 225!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Booo!! Fcuk off then! ;)

Honestly mate, if i had to choose another car it would be urs!

best of luck!

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
shame - looked sharp

sad to hear you had to let it go at a bargain price, still meggy is smert - nice one