ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

LCD TV Sound but no Picture

Monaco 172 (02)
Had a Goodmans LCD TV for just over 18months now.

All of a sudden, it stopped working.
Theres sound but no picture what so ever, just a black screen.

Any ideas?!

Hope its not screwed, cost £380 18months ago!

You paid £380 for a Goodmans?! lol..

All the connections are in? Is there power? Does it make any noise when you turn it on? Blown the fuse?

Rich..

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf
Had a Goodmans LCD TV

This was your first mistake, it's probably screwed, and will probs cost more to repair than it's worth unfortunately, use it as an excuse to buy a new one, you can get a 50" Samsung with decent spec for about 600 quid these days.

Monaco 172 (02)
Yes the scart etc are all in, and I know Goodmans are hardly top wack but they should last longer than 18 months surely? Oh and correction it was £320 (still prob too much)
There is sound, I can hear the channel that im on even when I switch outputs, but cant see anything at all just a black screen as if the TV's still off. Might get a quote on it to be repaired, but thought Id try and track down the problem first.

Audi S1
What about anolog TV? does that work... basically try pluggin an xbox/ps2/ps3 in if tht doesnt work aswell as a normal picture then its broke.

Monaco 172 (02)
The socket works fine mate, using the old school portable now.
I know the TV is broke just wondred if anyone had a suggestion as to what it could be.
Oh well better get the wallet out. :(