ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

leakage

Renault Clio 1.2
Hi, slight problem - whenever there is heavy rain I get water coming through, underneath the vanity mirrors. Not sure whether the leak is through the sunroof or the top of the windscreen, but front passenger often gets dripped on quite a lot.

Bought the car in June and noticed this while it was under warranty, so had it checked out - but the garage said they couldn't find anything. It's only when the rain is very heavy.

Weird thing is my mum's friend had the same problem with his. Just wondered if anyone else had had this problem as it sounds like a common problem, and where was the leak coming from, how much did it cost to get sorted?!

Cheers all!

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Welcome to cliosport, im not 2 sure on that one im sure that someone will help you out shortly

I take it you both have Mk1 Clios? Ie upto about 98?

If so them the sunroofs are a pian best fix is to strip them downa dn repalce allt he seals etc but for the cost most people just seal them shut.

Clio 1.2 16v
Nah mate mines 2002! Even worse really, someone mentioned the drain pipes might be blocked?? Question: What the hell are the drain pipes and how do i get to em!

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
Drains to take water away 2 one in the front corners of the sun roof. pull the seal off around the headling and pull the headlining down carefully and u will see the black tubes also check the gap bewteen the roof and the sunroof frame i have seen them leak there before

Stanced Honda S2000
errrr hull .... hahahahha

must be quite a common fault then... mine being a 52 plater with electro sunroof .

Clio 1.2 16v
Well rich mate im in leeds. If one of us sorts it i know i'll be willing to help in the yorkshire area. Id like to do it but im not sure about all this pulling the seal away stuff! Any guides on how best to do this anyone?