ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Leaking oil?

172 cup
My 172 cup seems to be leaking oil from what looks like the rear drivers suspension shock, where would this oil be draining from, and what can i do to stop it?

Megane
sound slike a burst shock, only way to stop it is to replace it....

Apparently they are not to hard to replace yourself...

172 cup
Had it looked out, ordered new shocks although im paying for them to get fitted as i expect you would need a spring clamp which i havent got!

Clio MK2 (1.2)
If its the same as a 1.2, the rear 1's is just a shock, the spring is loccated on the rear beam.

Clio MK2 (1.2)
jack the car up and remove the wheels. were the shock is stuck to the back beam, un-do the 13mm bolt(i think its 13mm, its in the bottom ov the shock)on both side's and now the shock will be lose,
open the boot and remove the rubber cover and un-do the bolt there, it all should come lose then. and remove,

watch out for the spring to move slighly, if it does just put it back between the 2 metal points sticking out.

Megane 225
Leave the wheels on! Ya don't need them off! 18mm Bolt in bottom of shock 13mm at top! Peace of P*ss

Megane 225
On, and jack the car up using a trolley jack on the beam. Axle stands under the rear jacking points on the sill then lower the rear beam till the holes line up after replaceing the shocks and securing at the top.

172 cup
Thanks for your help, definatley going to have a go at this.

When loosening the bolts of the broken shocks should the car be jacked up, and which bolts should i undo first, the top or bottom ones?

Megane 225
Undo the bottom 1's 1st, I'd try to crack the bolts with the car on the deck if you can. If not it doesn't reli make a difference