ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Leaking Problem

Mk2Ph2 Clio 1.2 16v
Everytime there is any considerable amount of rain, i get damp patches appear at the tops of the a-pillars and around the central light console. Any ideas where the water could be getting in from?

ive heard that it could be an aerial related issue, but mines situated at the rear so i doubt that, and ive checked the run-off hoses and theyre not blocked or split at all......i believe its sunroof related but would appreciate opinions.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Sunroof is a good bet. Replace the seal .. should be a DIY job AFAIK.

Have a search on here, you might find a guide.

Probably something to do after xmas is over though ;)

If it's too taxing, I'm sure Rob and I could manage it here. You're not tooo far from me.

How hard can it be.... :dead:

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Generally the seal doesnt even need replacing, just everything taking apart, giving a damn good clean and putting back together.

It's often just moss or whatever in the seal.

1.2 clio
sun roof m8 mines does the same thing...... you can take it to renault and get them 2 reseal it for u that coast like 210 i think they quoted me or just go down to bnq and get some clear bath sealent and do it urself lol. most places when they go to reseal it use this black roof sealent and its crap it never drys for some reason so u will just keep getting the same problem.