ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

leaking sunroof

Clio 1.2 16v
My leaking sunroof was caused by a damaged foam seal between the roof and the external sunroof frame.

7701044946 from Renault.

Chris

You pull back the head liner from inside the car, take out the TONS of bolts that are a total arse to get out, then you take the whole thing out, clear all the drains, reseal around it and screw it back. I did ours in 2 hours on the mrs's car, hasnt leaked since.

Cheers,
Si

1.2 Mk2 Ph2
Is the sunroof leaking because its got a damaged seal or because the pipes that run down into the wheel arches are blocked?

Take out the sunroof glass and you will see 2 little holes in the corners at the front, pour some water into the holes... if it doesn't run out onto the floor from behind the wheel arches then its just the pipes that are blocked.

If it does, take off the rubber seal.. get some clear silicone and put it where the rubber seal goes.. then fit the seal back in. (that sorted mine anyway, used to p*ss in... now i ain't had it leaking since.... *touch wood*)