ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

leaky air filter

i have a 1.2 clio X reg and after having it serviced i have noticed that oil is leaking out of my K&N, not much but enough to notice. could anyone tell me whether this is a big prob or just that the garage out too much oil in and it is spitting out a little bit. Thanks

www.renparts.co.uk
i have a 1.2 clio X reg and after having it serviced i have noticed that oil is leaking out of my K&N, not much but enough to notice. could anyone tell me whether this is a big prob or just that the garage out too much oil in and it is spitting out a little bit. Thanks

have you checked the oil level? if its above max it can cause damage.

Yeh checked that and all is ok, someone told me that it could just be that a bit of oil is getting spat back and is then leaking out.
any ideas?

Chelsea tractor
You do realise that the K&N filter is oil coated cotton and they could have just re-oiled the filter?

i did think that when i first noticed it but i think that the oil dripping out is more than if it was just an over oilled filter