ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Leaky Sunroof (Fixed before Christmas, leaking again) and possible leaky door seals

2001 Clio 1.2 16v
Hi There All,

I am almost at the end of my tether as my leaky Clio is causing me a lot of frustration. I followed the step by step guide to reseal the sunroof a few months ago and everything was fine. Pre the fix, I was getting water coming through the interior light and causing a damp patch on the passengers side headlining in front of the sun visor.

After all was resealed, it seemed to stop raining, however, there was a large amount of snow. I was a little worried about whether or not it would hold, but it did. Up to now at least. Yesterday, there was some very heavy rain and I was about to go for a drive when I noticed a drip above my head. I felt the headlining there and it was completely drenched in the exact same place as the leak before (sun visor) only by the drivers side as opposed to the passenger side. I quickly gaffa taped the sunroof up in the corners and it seems to have held. There is also a replica of the leak on the passenger side sun visor area which I noticed today in the daylight.

Further to this, I am having problems with water getting in by the A-pillars, on both the driver and passenger sides. The gullys appear to be clear but the seals are able to be pulled away from the car fairly easily. They haven't lost their shape/elasticity but the water is coming in directly below the gap between the A-pillar seal and the top windscreen seal. There is no trail of water from the sunroof leak (visor) so assuming its an isolated issue.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated as I am beginning to get a little frustrated with it. My dad is coming up to my university to try and seal the roof for a second time this weekend, but was wondering if anybody knew anything about the A-pillar leaks and whether they are to do with leaky door seals or anything else.

Thanks very much in advance! :) Jake

1.2 clio
Re: Leaky Sunroof (Fixed before Christmas, leaking again) and possible leaky door sea

Sounds like you didnt use good sealent or it didn't stick very well. As for the A-pillars it's from the sunroof again but could be drainage system for the sun roof. If you dad is fixing it again get him to look at the little black pipe that comes off the sun roof that's the drain system that goes down the A-pillars then out the car. I think it comes out under the scuttle panel it clogs up there making the water not filter out making that leak also.

Hope you get it sorted.