ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

LEAKY SUNROOF HELP :0(

CLIO WILLIAMS #0215

first time since ive had the car (february) and its leaked!!! but where it has leaked thru has worried me (electrics etc) ive taken a picture and as you can see its on the gap between the sunroof button and the courtesy light switch! left the car out earlier and we had a massive downpour!!! but ive been out in the rain nbefore and its never leaked? any suggestions as to stop it leaking??? small bead of clear silicone on the roof where it meet the sunroof? i have circled the area in green!!!

http://erc.qmuc.ac.uk/cliosport/gallery/full/1082579757__pic.jpg

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

same as on my rt. i expect you have opened the sunroof at some point, at this point it has pulled the seal back slightly, to solve it temporarely all you have to do is tuck it bak in, your keys are good for this, otherwise i woudlnt know, some kinda sealant i spose, i would take of the panels its pritty simple and dry it out with a towel, dont worry it should be fine.

any more probs let me know.

CLIO WILLIAMS #0215

you mean the seal inside the sunroof mate???? i would have to open the sunroof and push it back in with my keys????

hi fatboy

its the sunroof seal ive got the same problem very expensive. I priced one up from work it was about £55 £65 for a piece of rubber.

The seal gets worn and doesnt meet the glass.I had a little pond on top of the roof lining its water proof.when one of the lads at work had a look for me he pulled it down and got soaked.mine runs down the p/side seat belt (always wet) and rear carpet.

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

if you open the sunroof its on the outside, probably in the middle nearest the windscreen, you should be able to see its been pulled away, as andy.m says around the sunroofs runners might fill up so try and soak that up with an old towel or something.

Astra VXR 17/05/07

I had this problem in a previous car and the sunroof rubber kept coming away,didnt fancy paying for a new one to do the same so a little squirt of hardasnails did the bodge job for me,kept it in place and never leaked again..not sure its recommended though !

Scenic mk1 (F3R)

its sun roofs for ya mate my old mans leaked till he used a sealent sorted the prob nicely mind u he has got a BX so no doubt the rest ull leak. i discovered my seal had worked loose on my dynamique i stuck it bk in but im gona get reno to take a look at a few things im not happy with 1 being the windscreen seal looks a bit tacky funny how u dont notice these obvious problems wen your buyin second hand

williamsclio.co.uk/forum

Temp measure pal:

Tape up the join between the glass and the plastic sunroof frame. Use decent black tape (insulation should be ok) and you should be fine. Remove the switch for the sunroof opener so that you dont accidently use it. As it wont open with tape on.

A seal set is around £65 from renault. The trim you photographed is easy to remove from the inside of the car - its all snapped in place, but shouldnt really be needed once its been taped up.

while the trim is removed - check the ariel seal is ok, they can also give you probs.

Yeah it will be the seal as someone mentioned. i had that problem with my old RT, phoned renault and the bloke said "oh, yeah that will be the seal". Something to do with the fact the sunroof is always shut, so squashes the seal then once you open it then close it again the seal doesnt go back to its original shape, therefore not working poperly.

New seal, £80inc vat they told me as its a new design.

Oh and it your thinking of bodging it be wary. I did that and the water nackered my central locking and imobiliser and it cost me £300 to fix.