ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Leaning Valver!

Heres one for the boffins! Recently Ive noticed the offside rear to be a bit lower than the nearside, since carrying a considerable amount of weight in the rear of the car one day. Could this be just a simple shock problem or would it be something worse? Thanks in advance, Steve :approve:

Fiesta ST
Try, like Martin says, to bounce the rear both ends see if it settles down nicely. But tbh, my mates RT and my old RT used to be slightly lower on oneside than the other... we aren't too bothered by it, it's only a few mm difference but it could perhaps be a sign that the shocks need replacing. :)

Clio 172 ph1
the rear torsion bar is on a toothed position undert the shock locations i doubt its loose and slipped under heavy load but is a possibility get your car jacked up bang in the center and measure the distance from wheel center to floor if its the same its shocks if its different you need to look at you torsion bar ends could just be a case of repos and tighten imo

cheers guys, gonna get the car jacked up then as I cant even see the shocks to see if they're leaking as the cars too low! lol

Shocks DO NOT have anything to do with ride height.

it could be a case of a siezed shock, thus holding the car down, but a worn shock wont affect it.

it could also be a broken torsion bar, so all the load is on 1 side.

Shocks DO NOT have anything to do with ride height.

it could be a case of a siezed shock, thus holding the car down, but a worn shock wont affect it.

it could also be a broken torsion bar, so all the load is on 1 side.

how much would that cost approx to fix Dan? I have noticed the ride being a lot harsher lately

S2000
not sure how much a tosion bar is, but you could always buy a cheaper one second hand. Someone off the forum would probably fit a new one for you fairly cheaply. If your handy with a spanner at all the best bet would be to try and take the torison bar out and have a look at it, or that's what I would do anyway.

bit of a development today, went to the car and its back to normal, no leaning. so does this indicate even more thats its a sticking shock? i bloody well hope so!!