ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

led bulbs

Clio 182
i have 2 sets of LED's to go in each footwell but not sure where to hook them up to. Id like to put a small rocker switch in between so i can switch them on/off when needed.
Not sure where to find the wires though. I had a good look in the footwell and took the drink holder/ash-tray out to have a look behind there. There is just two wires from the LEDs but where to connect?? I tried on a couple of red/black wires behind the radio but just blew the radio fuse.

i have 2 sets of LED's to go in each footwell but not sure where to hook them up to. Id like to put a small rocker switch in between so i can switch them on/off when needed.
Not sure where to find the wires though. I had a good look in the footwell and took the drink holder/ash-tray out to have a look behind there. There is just two wires from the LEDs but where to connect?? I tried on a couple of red/black wires behind the radio but just blew the radio fuse.

Do you want to use an actual toggle switch or maybe have them switch on when the Sidelights/Headlights are on? I have LEDs in my front door speakers that I wired into the sidelights, so when I switch the sidelights on they come on.

Also make sure they are auto LEDs they are 12v and up to 10A I think

Nick

Clio 182
Hi Nick, they are 12v auto LEDs not sure on ampage. They are just a small strip of 8 bulbs with 2 wires. Work off a car battery and yeah im going to put a rocker switch in line on the + (red) wire. The problem im having is which wire to find and too connect on.

If that's the case mate,

Just run a small wire from the engine bay (attach it to the live of the battery) then to one of the poles on the rocker switch. Then from the other pole on the rocker switch to the + on the LED strip then the - on the LED strip to the chassis (a bolt on the body will do as long as there is no paint)

If you cant be bothered running a wire from the engine bay, since its going in the foot wells I would suggest splicing the live wire to the hazard switch to the rocker switch.

Live is normally a fat yellow wire but take this advice at your own risk make sure you dont ground any lives to the chassis or you can do some damage. Also PLEASE check with a multi-meter first for which one is constant live (from the battery basically)

Nick

Last edited:
  172 sport
Also got another question I kno that you can get Phillips silver visions is there any other brands out there cheers for all the help

Mk3 clio 1.5
Your better off with smd's alot brighter and not much more expensive. I dont find the led's to be bright enough.