ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

LED Sidelights

RenaultSport clio 172
I installed some LED Sidelights to my 172ff a while ago to complement the Xenons, only now one decides to flash (so i look like an unmarked policecar)! I had a fiddle with the wiring and couldnt stop it so have now reverted back to my standard ones. Does anyone know why this has started to flash?

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Its the resistor inside, they vibrate apart.

Buy PIAA ones the last longer.

not a clio anymore
what I don't quite get is how they can last such little time. I had a set that lasted less than a year, which means that my current "normal" bulb last more thant 4 times the time of the LED. The LED is supposed to last longer than bulbs. Now I understsand that it is not the LED itself, still not good enough.
I wonder if the technology for all those new LED lights at the back of cars is any different, because I woldn't be keen on changing the electronic regulation every year ir so.

Cliosport 182
I had the same problem with these led sidelight bulbs gad 3 sets in 2 months, gave up in the end not worth the money there printed on. But i must admit they do look good!

RenaultSport clio 172
Thanks Paul J, have you had any experience with these bulbs? Are there any precautions to take to make sure the new bulbs are in the right conditions?

RenaultSport clio 172
They really do make a difference

14022007110.jpg

FF 182, K5 GSX-R1000
Thanks Paul J, have you had any experience with these bulbs? Are there any precautions to take to make sure the new bulbs are in the right conditions?

Ive tried quite a few and in several vehicles. The Clio is really bad due to heat from main bulb, this can be tolerated by those posted. As the article says, avoid contact particulary when hot and dont insert deeply into socket.

The only other thing LEDs are sensitive to is voltage but so long as your alternator/regulator is working correctly this isnt a problem.