ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

LED Sidelights

03 Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique
http://www.ultraleds.co.uk/u5015hpw....html?osCsid=75ec711007456d49ffdf73aef6b44dc0

...Have had 3 sets of these now.
Always been happy with the service from ultraleds, but the bulbs themselves never last longer than approx. 2 months.

I appreciate they've been discontinued, and that may be why!? But none the less, even for such a small price it's a lot of hassle replacing them so regularly.

They look great and look a lot of suited alongside my Xenon headlights than the standard halogens, but think I'll have to resort back to the fried eggs cause the LED's just don't last long enough.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks,

Pete.

clio 172 cup
aye on led rear lights, led and angel lights look mint but never last and dont give out alot of light

Da

Less
A couple of mine failed, I returned them and they were replaced FOC! Can't say fairer than that really! Only real issue was numberplate light which failed and was exchanged twice. Now discontinued! lol!

Yeah, I first thought it was too close to the headlamps which is why they kept blowing after a very short life span...

The only problem with those is that they're the wide fit which don't fit into the sidelight connector casing, and I really wouldn't fancy a blue set, white only imo.

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
Do these flash yellow still or white? might have to get some, do the side lights pull off easily?

I take it that its for the side light and not the front side light?

http://shinyautos.com/shop/product_info.php/products_id/191

I've had these since i bought my car back in March and have had no problems what so ever with them! And they are really bright too :D They look really good, if i say so myself :eek:
I can agree ive had the same in mine for well over 6mths now and no probs match pretty good

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
Yeah sorry didnt read it properly, i realise now.
They sound cool, someone tell me how to change it quick. Does the whole light have to be taken off the car?

^ Yeah wouldn't expect them to fail the MOT.

The problem I think comes due to the engine vibration, or they get to hot as Paul said.
7 Month is good going. You must drive your Clio's very little or something?

My problem is I do about 400 miles a week so probably why mine only last 2 months maximum?

I don't wanna purchase another set, despite the recommendations and find they're just as poor in life terms because those one's do look very smart.

I drive my car lots.

I wouldn't be too complacent about them not failing the MOT. LED sidelights are illegal, its all down to the MOT tester.

Naa?
Hmm fairplay.
Got the standard ones back in atm.
I'll take another chance on those ones and see how I get on :)

Thanks for the pointer(s).

FF 182, K5 GSX-R1000
The ones i posted do last. Im due my 72k service next month, i bought my 182 new in 2005 so ive driven it a fair bit. I work nights lots too.