ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Legal plate ASAP PLEASE

Atlantis Blue 1.2 Corsa B

Standard font etc, you can see the additions. its a bday present from my sis, and she doesnt want to buy me something that is really similar to blank standard ones. will i get into much trouble for this one?

i cant see there being a problem, no altered spacing or naughty bolts......

borders are alowed are they not?

and saying they are reflective on the site, that mean they go blank when light on em? i dont want that

1.6 focus zetec....

Jesus thats nothing mate stick it on! Ive got letters that fade from black 2 white, are 3D, have a union jack picture with a bulldog over the top, a border and reanult in ghost writing i the background and the fuzz ent sed sh*te about it!

Trust thatll be fine, the only thing the cops moan about is not being able to read the writing which is what you can do on yours!

Kiza

cool :)

might ust get some double sided velcro and stick these over originals, and hope no little eejit is sad enought to want to steal it, or should i just bolt it on?>

Sinclair C5

Quote: Originally posted by kiza1986 on 11 August 2005

Jesus thats nothing mate stick it on! Ive got letters that fade from black 2 white, are 3D, have a union jack picture with a bulldog over the top, a border and reanult in ghost writing i the background and the fuzz ent sed sh*te about it!

Trust thatll be fine, the only thing the cops moan about is not being able to read the writing which is what you can do on yours!

Kiza
hhhmmmmm, nice

1.6 focus zetec....

Ive got mine stuck on with sticky pads and havent had any trouble with people trying to rob them or anything. I would advise to watch how much pressure you put on when drilling (if you decide to) because my mate tried this and cracked his and had to buy a new 1.

Kiza

Megane 225

Quote: Originally posted by Gaz2130 on 11 August 2005

nope, badge illegal, border illegal
Just thought Id repeat what Gaz said, because its correct. Illegal since just recently.

Its up to you.

1.6 focus zetec....

Yeh i would still say that they are illegal but i can say i have never been pulled for having my plates where as on the other hand people are always getting pulled for having little things done to their number plates....your choice mate.

Kiza

clio 480t ,172, clio mk2

go for it mate they look ok to me the fuzz should be chattchin some real criminals anyway

reevio11

you can find details on the DVLA site regarding whats permitted on a plate,
the badge in the left certainly isnt, but as others suggest,
as the font and spacing are good its unlikely youll get bothered

reevio11, its not just them reading it, its their ANPR system and safety cameras...
what if the "real criminals" were riding into the sunset with your pride and joy ?
youd want the passing ANPR vehicle to pick up your plate then wouldnt you.

if you do get stopped for it, dont claim someone told you theyre legal,
no point arguing, just eat humble pie and hopefully you wont get a fine, just a producer and a bended ear.

while were on this subject though...

Im collecting "dodgy" plates, setting up a little internet blog site.

Have some great ones already:

B1J RN - S4 ELL - S1R BG - L8 ERS - L1JV X - J17 MES (imagine a french 7)

but if you see any others please capture them on your mobile and forward them on...
http://www.insurancequotes.org.uk/www.insurancequotes.org.uk/ - Dodgy Plates Mob-blog Coming Soon

VRS

yep as above illegal! there are a lot of illigel lates about and its pot luck as to whether u get pullde or not! personelly i wudnt bother, id stay on the legal side but thats just cos the coppers round here pull you for anything and its a pain in the arse avin to go down to the station wiv a producer every week!

cheers for the advice guys, shes ordered em now for my bday. i chose the standard font so i should be ok, i have seen alot worse. all the crappy ones with the playboy bunny, OMG!

Sinclair C5

All depends what mood the police man is in, If he got his leg over in the morning he might let you go, If you go past him 40 mph over the speed limit hes more than likely going to pick up on most things he can get you for.

Ive learnt that when you do get pulled by the boys in blue be as nice as possible and its suprising what you can get away with ;)