ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Leicester Meet.

_WILL_

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
Was thinking about organising a bit of a Leicester meet. Think there are a fair few of us in the area, so it could be good fun.
Was thinking we could meet somewhere and go for a bit of a drive, perhaps to a pub have a few drinks and try and get a few photos.
I drove out to a pub called the Nevill Arms today. Its in south leicestershire, its pretty nice and it is a pretty good drive out there.

http://www.thenevillarms.net/

There are a few good spots to stop on the way I think to get some photos and stuff.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=Leicester&daddr=52.57562,-1.047821+to:Market+Harborough,+Leicestershire+LE16+8EE,+UK&geocode=FZIkIwMd0cPu_ylzbLdJq0J3SDG4nLRvKh0Vmg%3B%3BFYiEIQMdkWvz_ym5yGubh3d3SDHQWoE0Qs7Unw&hl=en&mra=dme&mrcr=0&mrsp=1&sz=13&via=1&sll=52.566752,-1.018982&sspn=0.061249,0.154324&ie=UTF8&ll=52.550889,-0.986023&spn=0.245083,0.617294&t=h&z=11

Anyway, was thinking end of this week or sometime next week. What do people think, just wanna gauge interest and if there is enough I can sort it out.

Cheer, Will.

_WILL_

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
cool, will see if we get anymore intrest over the next couple of days and then organise something. Will drop a few pm's a bit later and see whos about.

Was thinking thursday this week possibly, but it may be a bit soon.

Clio 172
closer to the center of leicester/north of leicester might make it a more worthwhile for some of the nottingham lot.

_WILL_

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
closer to the center of leicester/north of leicester might make it a more worthwhile for some of the nottingham lot.

Yeah, I appreciate its fairly rubbish for anyone north of leicester, but I drove the route the other day and it was good fun, thats why I suggested it.

i tried and failed with a meet but i really hope it happens

It could be a problem, but if its planned so that we go for a bit of a drive then I doesn't matter to much as I am happy to go for a drive anyway, regardless of numbers!

_WILL_

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
Cool, no worries. We can make it for a few weeks time. Will sort out a date. If we are making it a bit of a bigger thing/ proper meet I will try and sort out a better/ easier place for everyone to meet.

I have a lot of free time at the moment so will have an explore, but any suggestions would be great. I would like to have a bit of a drive and a pub or something for drinks etc...

Will people prefer weekday evenings or weekends?

Ollie's Silver Cup
I would like to have a bit of a drive and a pub or something for drinks etc...

Will people prefer weekday evenings or weekends?

Drive and a pub sounds good to me! ;)

I'm not fussed whether it's weekday evening or weekend, could do either :)

_WILL_

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
Have been looking at dates, I don't have a free weekend until the end of July. So we can either leave it til then if everyone fancys it but personally I would prefer to do it a little sooner, which means a weekday evening. I was thinking Mondat 12th or tuesday the 13th of july. Let me know what your thinking?

_WILL_

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
Okay, I am thinking we should do it on the 13th meet at 7 ish and then we can decide if we wanna go for a drive anywhere. I can't really do the Monday any more.

So now just need to know where would suit people to meet. Originally I was going to suggest the ASDA car park in Oadby (top deck). But if there are people coming from Loughborough etc... then somewhere else might be better?

Anyway, going to start a list of who's coming, then we can choose somewhere to suit everyone!

1._WILL_

_WILL_

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
oadby sounds alright to me.
midweek is better for me though..

Unfortunately I can't really do any other day that week, I have my graduation on the Thursday, so family is coming to stay Wednesday onwards!

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti
go to borders near sainsburys fosse park tonight at 8pm. Theres normally a meet that goes on there each month.

_WILL_

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
Have we got any more takers? It will be on Tuesday 13th July and meeting at 7 -7.30 ish.

So far we have (I hope you don't mind me adding your names.)

1. _WILL_
2. Aterro
3. tommy g
4. davis 88

_WILL_

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
im a maybe yet boys looking to sell the van and hopefully have me a clio again by then.:dapprove:

Even if you aint got the clio, you should pop along anyway.

Also will hopefully be able to borrow my sisters slr camera, so may be able to gt some good pictures!

_WILL_

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
1. _WILL_
2. Aterro
3. tommy g
4. davis 88
5. Oliver
6. Steve (mate coming in his 205 gti)

Also if I was to say if we meet at at ASDA in Oadby (on the top carpark) at 7pm then, then depending on numbers, weather etc... head to south Leicestershire for a pint and to try and get a few photos.

Hope this suits everyone and look forward to seeing you all, also try and let anyone else who you think might wanna come know whats going on!

Cheers, Will.

_WILL_

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
just realised were the pub is. very nice place! Havent been there since i was a kid. :)

It is very nice, often some pretty nice motors parked outside the pub. Last time was there I even saw a FRP drive past, was a girl driving as well!