ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lens decision...

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
Ok, should i sell my Sigma 10-20mm and Sigma 70-300mm APO and get a Nikon 18-200mm VR?

Gets on my tits having to change lens all the time, i'm not sure whether i'm more suited to a walk around lens?

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
The other alternative is to dump both my lens and the D50 body and get a D80 with a 18-135mm...

Ok, should i sell my Sigma 10-20mm and Sigma 70-300mm APO and get a Nikon 18-200mm VR?

Gets on my tits having to change lens all the time, i'm not sure whether i'm more suited to a walk around lens?

Noooo, as good as the 18-200 is, losing the 10-20 would be a step backwards imo.

The 18-200 is a good all round lens... but it just wouldn't produce the quality of the 10-20.

If you do go the 18-200 route i would either keep the 10-20 or get a nice prime lens, just so you have a quality lens in your bag.

I have the 18-200 + Sigma 30mm.... still not sure if the 18-200 is what I need as its a good all round lens that does not exceed in any area!

Take a look round my Flickr account for a range of shots.

Saying all that... its been a damn useful bit of kit in certain situations when changing lenses would be a pain! Such as when i was at the wildlife park... I was going from 35 - 200 mm all day long!

as for the 18-135... I would say that the 18-200 is a better lens, the VR above 100mm has been a life saver.

The lens does suffer from lens creep, but nothing major, plus it has full time manual over ride.

Last edited:

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
I've got a 50mm f1.8 which i'll keep, I just feel like sometimes i'm missing good opportunities because i have the wrong lens on the camera.

^^ know that feeling, I had the 18-55 + 55-200 before and the 18-200 has been great for that.

Just depends if you will miss the 300mm length?