ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

lens grinding...

D

dick

not my slr, but my fz50.

think ive got VERY fine sand from the namib / kalihari desert in the focus / zoom mechanism in it.

you recon pana will fix it if i just say its grinding? looks good cond. apart from that.

hopefully theyll clean it out so i can sell it and buy a half decent p&s for pocket or swap this for a p&s

had it 9 months....

Last edited by a moderator:
  Cupra
Should do. A mate of mine sent his Ixus back to canon for the same thing (except he had not been near any deserts) and they cleaned it fixed it and sent it back all free of charge.

Off topic, have you got your 40D yet and which lens did you go for?

D

dick

24-105 L. 1 play with it and i was hooked!! after using that everything just felt sooo s**tty. speshly sigma's. some bits they were stiff, some looser,

its at home at the moment, at uni now. cant wait to pick her up at the w/e! :D

then going to find a decent crumpler half photo bag that will hold cam w/ 24-105, 70-200, and my next purchase which (will be UWA of some kind... maybe sigma / tamron as i because the canon UWA is ef-s. and id prefer EF fitment lenses. for WHEN everything goes FF. and it will. no doubt.)

and space for a flash, as i need 1 of those after borrowing my mates.

edit... dafthead... come on, its L
not L

Cupra
Nice.... I have forced myself not to spend anything until I have finished the job I am working on first... otherwise I have no motivation!

The 24-105 L also goes in the shopping basket and I can just about stretch to the canon 10-22. I will just sell it for a profit when it comes to changing cameras, they go for so much cash over here 2nd hand.

The Tokina UWA came out top in most of the reviews I read for third party lenses. They are also releasing a new 11-16 F2.8 in the coming months.....

D

dick

why would you want a f/2.8 UWA?

and ye i noticed about second hand prices,
but i cant be arsed selling stuff, it really pisses me off messing about if i can help it.

is the canon a lot better than the 3rdparties then?

edit ; out of posts, replying to andyRS

oh yer, but wouldnt you be using a tripod anyway to get the DoF required?

oh yer i heard that actually thinking about it..
but canon dont wanna give it L status coz of Ef-s ....right?

Cupra
F2.8 for indoors I guess?

Most people say that the canon is worth the extra cash. It has L glass inside apparently.. ehem.

I sold my 350D in a day for the price that I wanted for it, so it is not too much hassle. I bought my 70-200 second hand too without any problems.