ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

lense comparison?

Audi A3
im getting a canon 1100d over the next few days and ive found 2 packages for the camera, but both with different lenses.

lense 1) EF-S DC III lens

lense 2) EF-S IS II lens

youd think the III would be better but its priced lower?

any thoughts?

thanks

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Plenty of decent proper reviews online for camera stuff ;) dpreview etc..

I'd go with the IS, especially as I'm assuming you're a Noob to this ? Both the Canon 18-55mm ?

Go for a 500/550d if you can stretch.. generally advised by folk on here that it's a much better camera.

Audi A3
yeah brand new to this camera world mate, didnt know there would be so much to it!

why the IS if you dont mind me asking, and yeah both the Canon 18-5mm, cheers

Ive looked at reviews between cameras themselves and found an 1100D with DC lens for £340 or the IS lens plus a starter DVD for £351.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Image Stabiliser.

Whatever you buy, you'll want to upgrade soon enough.

I'd advise you to read the guides at the top of this section and see how deep you want to be involved before you commit ;)

I bought a bridge camera a few years back and have now got kit worth comfortably more than my car !

:dead:

Audi A3
ahhhh, very good!

Image Stabiliser sounds like it'd come in useful!

yeah i have been reading through some guides and even they seem in depth!