ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lets see your carbon fibre parts

Stefan.

ClioSport Club Member
personally think it looks naff, if your going for carbon fibre, if at all go outside rather than inside on a clio, and if you must the steering piece and silver dash inserts are enough not the rest, the quality doesnt look anyway near streamline, i just think its a waste of money sorry to sound harsh just dont think it needs it all

Disastra Coupe
^Streamline isn't all that great imo.

I don't think they do anything for car's but in the bike world Akrapovic carbon is by far the best i've seen. Pricey but it ooze's quality... Definitely a lot better than Streamline.

mondeo titanium tdci
Some bits i've done for a member

003-30.jpg

002-36.jpg

I need these in my life how much mate

GSXR + KDX220
Where did they come from? Not knocking you but they look pretty cr*p :(

The weave is all over the place and stretched to buggery!!!

Where did they come from? Not knocking you but they look pretty cr*p :(

The weave is all over the place and stretched to buggery!!!

+1 Parts like these need to be carefully templated so that you cant see the join but at the same time aren't trying to stretch one piece all the way round

GSXR + KDX220
Joins on the rads/in the corners or if not possible, a nice neat straight join somewhere inconspicuous :)

Joins on the rads/in the corners or if not possible, a nice neat straight join somewhere inconspicuous :)

Finally someone on this site who understands, it genuinly pains me to see people paying over the odds for quite frankly s**t work, which if I was to make at work I would probably be out of work pretty quickly.

GSXR + KDX220
Im in the business too mate, for a living. Some stuff I see is good quality but some just looks horrible and people pay alot just to say they've got "carbon fibre" parts.

Im not knocking anyone in particular and alot of it is good if its just for looks ;)

KTM 990 SD / S60 D5
Mirrors
carbonbits017.jpg

carbonbits007.jpg

Fogs/splitter/washer blanks

carbonbits013.gif

Rear badge
carbonbits011.gif

Door handles(unsure bout these)Dash trims/gear insert
carbonbits014.jpg

All good quality work,I have shaved about 100 grams of the cars weight lol

Nickw88

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW 430D & T5
Thanks Nick carbon works well on black cars not so in your face:)

Yeah I definitely agree. I bought some carbon wingmirrors a couple of weeks back but not got round to fitting them yet :(

8f772717.jpg

df098649.jpg

Also awaiting dash strips and bullets so excited about putting them on lol

GSXR + KDX220
Dom, where did you get the door handles from? I've thought about making some purely out of carbon and not wet lay over the top, but not a lot of people seem to have them. I'm talking about the metal part

FiestaST(ex 172 Cup)
You'll all tell me to f*** off probably, but I just can't see why anyone would pay money for this stuff. It looks tacky on a Clio.

mk 2 172
With respect, that looks like an absolute dogs dinner!!! Way OTT.

Alot of ratty looking weave in this thread.

A lot of this work is done in 4x4 twill carbon which the camera dosen't give it credit it deserver, i do a lot of work on this site and others and get exccellant feedback, and all done in 4x4 twill carbon

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
No offence but if our inspection department saw half the stuff in here they'd have a field day.

bic

Land Rover Discovery
Domsclio182 - Would you give permission for us to use some of your images on our website shop ? Looks great fitted to the car, good job

Black Gold Trophy
Frankly most of the pictures in this thread look utter w**k.

Distorted weave all over the place! Nasty! :dead: