ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Levi's Clio 182 'Ebony'

Teg
Thought I'd share my progress and few pictures of my Clio so far and yes I do give my cars names.. This being a Black Gold I thought Ebony suited her well:smile:

Bought the car in July last year and it was advertised for £3,450, top money considering it was due belts and dephaser pulley. I ended up part exchanging my 2006 Mk6 Fiesta ST (which needed an engine rebuild) and roughly a £1000. It was a completely standard 2005 registered car, under 70,000 miles with both Cup packs. Couple of dealers pictures...

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

The car just wasn't up to my standard so I started to work my way through mechanical/maintenance list;
  • Full Service
  • Cambelt, Auxbelt, Dephaser pulley & Waterpump
  • New Renault/Lucas O/S Front Brake Calliper (Snapped a bleed nipple badly)
  • New Brake Light Switch (Serv and ESP light on)
  • Coil pack, HT leads & Fuel injectors (Car had a misfire so just replaced the lot)
  • Pre-cat Lambda Sensor
  • Air temperature sensor & Coolant temperature sensor
I've still got a few more jobs to do...

Once the car was pretty much mechanically sound I went to see Paul at RSTuning for a remap... Initially I was pretty disappointed when I saw the graph/numbers but driving the car I can honestly say it was money well spent.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Current spec;

Engine
  • KTEC Induction Kit
  • Matched Inlets
  • PMS Sport Cat
  • PMS Cat-back Exhaust
  • RSTuning Remap
Transmission
  • Standard JC5 Gearbox & Clutch
  • Renault Scenic Shifter
  • Yanoo Stiff Shift 3.0
Suspension & Handling
  • Cooksport Springs
  • New Cup Dampers & Top Mounts
  • Eibach Camber Bolts
  • PMS Front 5mm Wheel Spacers
  • Vibratechnics Engine & Gearbox Mounts
  • EVOL 'Black' Dog Bone Mount
Brakes
  • Brembo HC Discs (Front), Renault Discs (Rear)
  • Ferrodo DS2500 Pads
  • Goodridge Phantom Braided Hoses
  • ATE Typ200 Fluid
Wheels & Tyres
  • 'Cup' 16" Speedline Turinis
  • Yokohama AD08R Tyres
Interior
  • SPA Oil Temperature & Pressure Gauge
  • Carbon Dash Trim
Exterior
  • 3/4 Front Plate
  • SprayShack Door Bullets
  • SprayShack Rear Wiper Delete Trim
I've currently got some Corbeau Club Sport seats on order which are due in stock either this month or next and I've got a Sabelt 'Renault Sport' steering wheel waiting to go on once my seats have arrived too.

Future Plans... Strip, Rear cage, 15" Pro Race 1.2s, PMS top mounts and the list goes on.

So that's been pretty much my progress from the day I bought it in July last year and today I did a little detailing in which I'm a complete novice but gave it ago anyway.. (Headlights still require some serious correction)
  1. Washed
  2. Iron X
  3. Clayed
  4. Polished/Cutting compound to remove light scratches and swirls
  5. Auto Finesse Tripple to hide minor imperfections
  6. AutoGlym HD Wax
I've never been massively into detailing although I do keep my cars clean but with this being Black it looked awful so I had to do something about it... and finally some pictures, I'm a complete novice at this too with an iPhone:smile:.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
You paid over 3k for a 182 requiring belts with that mileage!?

You've done a good job on it though

Teg
You paid over 3k for a 182 requiring belts with that mileage!?

You've done a good job on it though
Unfortunately at the time I didn't do my research.. School boy error! I've never owned anything other Fords and I knew absolutely nothing about Renaults and the market values. It was a spur of the moment thing which I can remember well... Weatherspoons Saturday night, pub talk, cars, track days, autotrader.. Clio bought the next day on Sunday:tearsofjoy:

Great work so far, love it :smile:

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk
Thanks pal, appreciate it:up:

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Car looks great man. Kept reading through the spec list like yessss yessss all the good things.

The evol black series ain't so bad either is it? So much scare mongering saying how they're awful for vibrations.

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
That looking good. How is the ride on the cooksports? They look spot on but I couldn't live with my car riding too hard on my crappy local roads.

Teg
Car looks great man. Kept reading through the spec list like yessss yessss all the good things.

The evol black series ain't so bad either is it? So much scare mongering saying how they're awful for vibrations.
Thanks.

I don't know why some people complain about awful vibrations, I barely even notice anything now... When all the mounts were brand new there was quite a bit as expected but now there a few months old theres hardly any, passengers don't even mention anything so can't be that bad?

That looking good. How is the ride on the cooksports? They look spot on but I couldn't live with my car riding too hard on my crappy local roads.

Thanks pal. I don't live too far from you so I know how bad the roads are... There not too bad but that's because I fitted new dampers at the same time so there a little more compliant, if you were to fit them with old/worn dampers I can see them being hard/crashy. I don't mind the Cooksports as the Clio is just a second car which is mainly for track days.

Last edited:

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
You'll have to bring it to a local meet so I can have a ride in it! I dunno if my dampers are tired or not, 82k so maybe due a fresh set.

GavC

ClioSport Club Member
  Black Gold 182FF
Fantastic example of a Black Gold! Love all your additions made, did you have the Turinis refurbished? I quite like their colour :smiley:

Teg
Fantastic example of a Black Gold! Love all your additions made, did you have the Turinis refurbished? I quite like their colour :smiley:
Yes I had them refurbished/powder coated so I'm not sure what the exact colour is but they do look good although they'll be for sale soon once I get some Pro Race 1.2s.

Car looks great and great spec!
Id loose that novice sticker though 🙈
Thanks pal... As gash as it looks I kind of like it:tearsofjoy:

Teg
Saturday's/Today's Job was...
  1. Strip Interior(ish).. Still got headlining, front door cards and dash fitted
  2. Remove all tar/sound deadening
  3. Fit Sabelt 'RenaultSport' steering wheel
  4. Fit Corbeau Club Sport seats with VBD X-Low subframes (No runners/fixed into position)
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Still got a few more jobs to do/issues to fix but overall I'm happy with how the cars coming along :grinning:.