ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lexus lights yes or no?

Lexus lights???

• Yes

Votes: 38 8.4%
  • No

Votes: 415 91.6%

• Total voters
  A black one
I have some Renault clear lights. They are similar to lexus lights but still maintain the same design as the renault standard ones, with the red reflector strip at the bottom. I like them on my black clio, as from the side profile the car matches up (the front lights have silver in them, and so do the back).

Here's the hypocritical bit though - I actually think the lexus lights look rubbish on most cars, except for black, silver, and maybe amber cars - further limited to only a few makes of car... The thing is though there are lots of different makes of 'lexus style' lights, and naturally some are better than others. The cheaper ones look awful on all cars.

My gf's mum called me a 'chav' last week cos I showed up at her house in a hoody - but her opinion n the lights was (unprompted) "I like your lights, they look very smart, they go nicely with the black colour of your car!"

Take from that what you will....LOL

In all seriousness though, like so many have said it's personal preference. I personally think my car looks smarter with those lights than all the standard black clios with standard lights. I would never dream of getting a fat bean can exhaust, neons, neon wiper blades, extra plastic bits of trim that stop you being able to go over speed bumps etc etc as I think it looks tacky, but I'm sure there are people who see my car and think it belongs to a chav, boy racer or similar. Well fcuk 'em, they're wrong.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
I think they look ok, I've got them on my valver mind you they were on when I got it and the previous owner had binned the standard ones:eek: .

The problem with them is that every 1 decided to buy them expecially the 1.0 saxo/nova/corsa brigade to go along with their big bore 4's, that IMO is why people are against them, there is a boy racer stigma attached to them. Mind you I know a few people who think everyone on sites like this is a boy racer.

As I said before I think on certain cars they look good.....

They look s**t on every car tbh, even on the new Lexus' these days they look pretty dated.

Saxo, Clio & ph-lickable
Horrid look tacky and are to common, but if you like them its your car and aslong as you like how it looks who gives a s**t what anyone else thinks.

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
on lexus' yes, i like LED's to. but proper silvery lights look bit s**t on alot of cars imo. maybe due to who and wat cars there normally on,

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
no no no no no no no no no no no
so tacky. bmw m3 style lights are only good 'style' IMO

I think I will post a before and after pic and see what everyone thinks.

we don't need before and after pics, standards look the same as any other Reno and you only need to go to any UK Macdonalds to see multiple Corsa's adorning Lexus rears... gash

With me not liking the original lights, or lexus ones I decided to go with this solution, let me know what you think, I realise they wont be to everyones tastes mind -

dsc00155hk4.jpg

Leon Cupra R 225
why start this thread? it's completely pointless, lexus lights - complete chavo.

i.e 1.2 corsa sxi 17yr old 'racing driver'..... mmmmmmm I'd rather not

Gaz

Flaming Inferno 225
^^i only like them cos there on ure car hun, on anybody else car there s**t ;)

mk4 golf gttdi180
no no no no no no !!!!!!!!!! lexus lights are chavtastic and crap waste of money if you want lexus lights get a lexus:approve: