ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lexus Lights - Yes or No

A lot of my friends are telling me to get lexus lights on my clio. I refuse, not on the basis that my car is black, but that fact that they look absolute w**k on any colour car.

Now i can make an exception for the new k-tec black lexus lights ONLY on a black clio, but anything other than that is no-go.

Any thoughts?

I got myself a black clio too (mk1) and until the new smoked lexus lights came about I wasnt sure about them as they are so bright and chromey. But now there are some smoked lights I am definatly getting some. On a black car they will look awesome. Not too in your face. Sam

So i dont understand why so many people have them?! In the gallery section i see so many clios that would otherwise look damn good but the effect is ruined by the damn lexus lights!!

When the weather improves ill get some pics of mine, the only colour that i woudl say they look really good on is white

Elise/VX220/R26

The subject of lexus lights does have to be handled with kid gloves, I dont want to offend anyone who has them, so I will say this. I urge you not to have them as they will make a good car look completely sh*t and a bad car look even worse.

Thank you pleash.

they are become a popular mod now... think someone else needs too be different now, otherwise people will end up thinking its a standard feature on a clio!

i might be able to excuse lexus lights on a mk1 clio but definitely not on a mk2, either pre- or post- facelift. They will only ever look half-decent on a white car, but who the hell wants their car in white anyway??

Bumder With A Buffer

Quote: Originally posted by JamesGTT on 11 January 2004

they are become a popular mod now... think someone else needs too be different now, otherwise people will end up thinking its a standard feature on a clio!

I got sum plans for my lexus lights coz i do think they make the car look tacky. But hey for 47 inc delivery i werent complaining!!! Wouldnt pay 110 for them.

they are becoming far too common, not just clios though lots of other cars too. someone needs to come up with a new design and steal someone elses lights and put em on a clio! come on the photoshop wizards have a go!! this could be very interesting.....

I was against the whole lexus light, but I now think can look quite smart ONLY if they are tinted the same colour as the car. However the lexus lights on the punto are quite disgusting.