ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lexus Style Rear Lights

I have a 2001 Mk1 172 and want to fit Lexus style rear lights.

What are you guys (and girls) opinions on these?

And wheres the best place to buy them?

Thanx

And remember: Its nice to be important but more important to be nice :)

Mines silver. I like the look of them form that picture.

Wheres the best place to buy them? Someone that does mail order is best.

Thanx again

I hate em

I hope theyll go out of "fashion" pretty soon. Bloke in the office put em on his focus not long back. I could only laugh.

I hope neonsll out of "fashion" pretty soon as well.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Get the back k-tec ones take em apart and do em body colour

H22A7 Accord Type R

cool, didnt know you could do that Tom!! that would be mint!! PS i have seen some on a focus and they were very laughable!!! look like some playmobile toy car!!!!! lol

E87 118i

a bit off topic, but I would like some full red lights like mk2 phase 1 (is that what were calling them this week) but to be "shiny" like the phase 2 ones, withought the clear bit in the middle.......know what I mean ?

That looks really neat.

One other thought, is there any difference between the wiring for the lights from a UK spec and a European spec 172? I would guess not but better asking!!

ha ha not sure if there is a difference but me being me i was really keen to get them in so i just plugged them straight in, I ended up breaking with my indicators and indercating with my reverse lights LOL :)

E87 118i

yeah, I think the wiring is set up for the phase 2 lights, so you gotta fiddle with them as if youre putting on phase 2 lights on a phase 1.

yeah i reckon they only suit silver cars.... however the black ones look good on black cars :D

And the latest lexus lights really suit urs sport172!! I am dubious about how well they would suit the platimum silver.... Im undecided! they really suit the 172 silver!

H22A7 Accord Type R

connor, look at my link above. my car is platinum! not the best pic, but gives the general idea

I got mine from BB performance tuning...the link at the top of this page.

Im very happy with them and the service was quick and good, and if ya join the club you will get a discount. Dont forget to get some silver vision bulbs to finish off the look :)

Clear or smoked for a silver car and black or smoked for a black car.

ah sh*t yeah ! good call, cheers mate! looks good tho :D which lexus lights are they tho? ones from k-tec? they look like the same as sports172 ones but with a orange deflector?

& cheers viv! How comes the prices of lexus lights are 30 notes cheaper than K-tec ones??? & thats even before the cliosport discount! (bb performance ones are 158 notes inc vat - ktec ones are 175)

& ive already joined cliosport, just awaiting the member pack n that!

Quote: Originally posted by connor on 21 August 2003

& cheers viv! How comes the prices of lexus lights are 30 notes cheaper than K-tec ones??? & thats even before the cliosport discount! (bb performance ones are 158 notes inc vat - ktec ones are 175)

& ive already joined cliosport, just awaiting the member pack n that!
The price was the deciding factor for me, K-Tec seem to be expensive in general......I think even their silver vision bulbs were more expensive than at http://www.powerbulbs.com/http://www.powerbulbs.com/

ok mate, nothing wrong with them right....? so in mint condition right? lol, & do they come with silvervision bulbs by any chance?

Burgandy 174 sport t

lol they got 1 silvervision bulb coz one o the bas*ards blew and i wasnt payin 15 buk again for two, yeah they are in good nik. wat clio you gettin connor?

the mk3 or mk2 face lift model! arrives next month! its the 1.2 16v dynamique m8.

I take it they will fit this car....?

& Will I need to buy a pair of silvervision bulbs then? & I am v. interested m8!

Burgandy 174 sport t

unless you wanna just drive about with 1 in?!yeah they will fit and i will even wire them up correct for you to put straight on as i have them wired up for mk2 phase 1 just now! its a deisel dynamique i have!

wat colour did you go for mate? mines black!

let me know yeah!