ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

LG LCD - No Headphone Output?

172 Cup
I've got a pair of wireless headphones that I wanted to use while playing my xbox.

Currently my TV has HDMI from xbox360 to HDMI input on the television. The audio then goes from digital optical out to my dvd receiver.

However, neither of my TV or DVD receiver have a 3.5mm jack headphone output?

Is there any possible way around this to get the sound output through my headphones?

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
If you use a component lead on the xbox, you could then get a r&l audio to 3.5mm jack converter and plug straight into that?

Are you sure the LG has no headphone socket, I've just bought a ld450 42" and it has one...?

172 Cup
If you use a component lead on the xbox, you could then get a r&l audio to 3.5mm jack converter and plug straight into that?

Are you sure the LG has no headphone socket, I've just bought a ld450 42" and it has one...?

Yea definately no headphone socket which i'm really suprised about.

That's a good shout using the component lead on the xbox - is this much different from HDMI?

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
You can get full 1080p through the component cable, then just don't plug the two audio leads in, then get the converter as I said, plug the headphones in and you're away. I think?

172 Cup
You can get full 1080p through the component cable, then just don't plug the two audio leads in, then get the converter as I said, plug the headphones in and you're away. I think?

Well I tried this yesterday and no luck.

My tv has component in - but it has no audio out.

Therefore I can put the cables in perfectly through my television (audio/video), but i'm left again with the fact I can't then have the audio out via the headphones??

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
You're confusing the crap out of me....

The xbox component lead has 6 wires:

RED
BLUE --- These three are for HD visuals
GREEN

AU RED ---
=========These two wires output the audio from the xbox, whether you are using HD or not
WHITE ---

YELLOW --- This wire outputs standard definition audio

I suggested plugging RED,BLUE,GREEN into the tv, then, plug AU RED and WHITE into a converter, one that goes from two audio inputs to a 3.5 jack input, this is where you plug the headphones in. (You will have to buy this converter, I can ebay link you if necessary)

The sound is being output amplified by the xbox, so then your wireless headphones should be able to pick this straight up and play the sound coming out of your xbox.

I could be TOTALLY wrong, but I'm quite sure it would work.

Alternatively, take a picture of the back of your tv, or give me the model number and I'll try to help a bit more.

172 Cup
You're confusing the crap out of me....

The xbox component lead has 6 wires:

RED
BLUE --- These three are for HD visuals
GREEN

AU RED ---
=========These two wires output the audio from the xbox, whether you are using HD or not
WHITE ---

YELLOW --- This wire outputs standard definition audio

I suggested plugging RED,BLUE,GREEN into the tv, then, plug AU RED and WHITE into a converter, one that goes from two audio inputs to a 3.5 jack input, this is where you plug the headphones in. (You will have to buy this converter, I can ebay link you if necessary)

The sound is being output amplified by the xbox, so then your wireless headphones should be able to pick this straight up and play the sound coming out of your xbox.

I could be TOTALLY wrong, but I'm quite sure it would work.

Alternatively, take a picture of the back of your tv, or give me the model number and I'll try to help a bit more.

Cheers Rob,

I realised that probably was confusing afterwards, sorry about that.

http://videogame.brando.com/prod_img/thumb/35MMftoRCAf1_M.jpg

35MMftoRCAf1_M.jpg

I figured a cable similar to this would work - so the cables go into the Television and then the red/white cables into the female RCA connection, thus allowing my headphone straight into 3.5mm headphone socket.

If this is the right thing have you got an ebay link or similar? Only found one from Hong Kong - ideally wanted from the UK.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
That's quite correct mate, exactly what you want.

I'm sure maplin's should have one.. maybe even halfords or pc world?

I'm not 1000000% it'll work, but I'm pretty certain.

172 Cup
That's quite correct mate, exactly what you want.

I'm sure maplin's should have one.. maybe even halfords or pc world?

I'm not 1000000% it'll work, but I'm pretty certain.

Spot on thanks mate - will give it a shot!

172 Cup
I've been struggling to find that above cable anywhere in the UK.

Another alternative I'm hoping will work is this cable:

c210.jpg

Into this coupler:

31F8yarIIHL.jpg

Therefore allowing me to plug my headphones into the opposite end of the coupler - would this work?