ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

LG LED TV Failed

Fiesta ST-3
So our tv failed last night after 3 years owner ship. No problems prior. A vertical line appeared at first and then eventually the picture went. See pic below...

Any real chance of fixing it myself? As it's now out of warrantee...

4e2ehy3u.jpg

coolspot007007

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon Cupra
Boards and screen replacements aren't too complicated, like with any modern electronics you just need to be methodical and careful of ribbon cables, connectors etc. The problem is getting the correct part you need to fix the problem first time. If you don't you'll be paying out for several parts that might be the problem, the vast majority of which aren't cheap, unless it's obviously a single component at fault e.g. a bulging capacitor.

Fiesta ST-3
Salt water possibly corroded the circuits prematurely. I'm with HMS, just buy a new one. Looks like a small size tv anyway?

It's 47" lol.

We have already replaced it but thought it could be something simple and sell it on eBay.

Oh well never mind I might open it up and have a look. Thanks for the replies.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
If you don't fix it will you sell me that stand? Lol, I need one for when I move out as its on a wall atm but needs to go on a table at new place and can't find my bloody stand.

Drop me a PM if you will and I'll sort it out with you :).

Fiesta ST-3
If you don't fix it will you sell me that stand? Lol, I need one for when I move out as its on a wall atm but needs to go on a table at new place and can't find my bloody stand.

Drop me a PM if you will and I'll sort it out with you :).

Will do mate if it don't sell or get fixed :)

Golf gti ed30+bmw m3
Isn't that a LCD display? Not LED?

As mentioned due to the cost of the parts it isn't worth fixing, but saying that you will get some money if you stick it on the bay as spares/repairs.

LED is just LCD which is lit by LED's.. sooo many people get confused over this.