ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lift off oversteer.....

S&K

182 cup + Elise
LOL, thanks. Been out for a blast today but ended up taking the GF's MX5 instead, roads were very icy and oh how much fun is it getting those things into very long low speed drifts :D This has got to be the best weather to get out there, find a deserted industrial estate or car park and learn about weight transfer, grip, traction and how your car handles quite safely :approve:

Titanium 182
Haha nice slide ;)

I understand why they're doing it but it spoils it for the people who do want to have a bit of a fun drive in the country. Fair enough I don't speed in residential areas etc but I put my foot down in the nationals...

Tangoed Works
correct attitude there son and fair play for getting away with it. did look a little hairy though and lucky you didnt get understeer.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Love it in FWD cars, makes it fun, love power oversteer also but only when appropriate......this happened on the Cat & Fiddle but I gat away with it luckily http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2cy4t_the-educators-1_people About 5 mins in thats me in the Elise :nono:

You lucky guy, not often they let people off with the cameras around.

Stupid for doing it on the cat & fiddle though, one of the most patrolled roads in the uk imo, reason i haven't taken the bike on it.

V6 Exige, GTR R35
lol at the fiesta,

i remember that elise clip too when it was screened a couple of years ago - bit unfortunate that there was a cop car coming the other way :)

lift off oversteer contributed to me writing off the tvr - so not really a fan of the back end slipping away :(

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
lol at the fiesta,

i remember that elise clip too when it was screened a couple of years ago - bit unfortunate that there was a cop car coming the other way :)

lift off oversteer contributed to me writing off the tvr - so not really a fan of the back end slipping away :(

You wrote off a tvr Stoddie?

Which one? :(

V6 Exige, GTR R35
aye porka's under cover for winter - done some work on it today - needed the front radiators cleaned from leaves and stuff but its never moved since october. Needs the carbon on the discs drilled out at some point.
The MPS is grand, some bits on the way from US and OZ as nobody over here stocks any decent parts, looking at a remap at the moment too. Possible to get these easily over 340 brake!
What about you - you sold the pug? what you after now?

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
aye porka's under cover for winter - done some work on it today - needed the front radiators cleaned from leaves and stuff but its never moved since october. Needs the carbon on the discs drilled out at some point.
The MPS is grand, some bits on the way from US and OZ as nobody over here stocks any decent parts, looking at a remap at the moment too. Possible to get these easily over 340 brake!
What about you - you sold the pug? what you after now?

Spot on mate! Love the MPS! Superb cars...!

Aye Pugs away now, tbh mate im gonna go without for a while, house needs attention in the way of a back garden over haul so ill need to get some money into that! :eek:

Cant be arsed with cars at the moment! The thought of trawling Ph and At again pains me! :dapprove:

V6 Exige, GTR R35
lol

good luck with the garden in this weather - the snow over in fife hasnt shifted in 2 weeks, doing my nut in now.

catch you at a meet in the near future im sure.
cheers - stoddie

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
LOL at that fiesta! And getting caught on Traffic Cops.

I'm inexperienced tbh so only encountered this by accident. Was a bit of a rush in the same way being chased by a tiger is a bit of a rush.