ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lighting problems...help needed

Clio 06 Plate 1.4 Dy
I have a Clio dynamique on a 06 plate. The problem started a couple of weeks ago when the parking sensors stopped working. I just put it down to one of those things and thought nothing of it until a passer by told me I had no reverse lights when I backed out of a parking place!! Then today the Electrical Fault light came on then went off then came back on again and stays on.
I've done a bit of fault finding and discovered that I have lights at the rear when they are turned on but no brake lights, including the third light, and still no reverse lights of parking sensors.
I've checked the fuses next to the steering column and there are non blown that I can see although I cant get to the first 2 rows.
Anyone out there able to help before I take it to a garage and get robbed at spanner point!!!
Cheers

E90 320d
Reverse lights would suggest the sensor is gone in the gearbox, brake lights could just be the switch on the pedal.

So

1. Check bulbs
2. Get under the dash and push the switch on the brake pedal see if that does anything
3. Pay £40 to have it plugged in (This will save hours of work finding the fault)

Clio 06 Plate 1.4 Dy
Thanks hobnob48, got under the dash and discovered the switch was a tadge loose and sticking, WD40 spray later and a little tightening and all is well. Next big job at the weekend will be the switch in the gear box...happy days.