ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lightweight bucket seats?

So this is an OPINION thread...

Most peoples opinions are Recaro Pole Positions are the be all and end all of light fixed buckets. But what other options are there?

I thinking of 2 that are comfy enough for a trip to the 'ring or Spa etc, but as lightweight as possible with it. I know that is 2 things that don't usually go hand in hand, but i don't fancy a numb bum halfway across Europe :laugh:

As I say, I know about the pole positions, so any other opinions would be awesome thanks!

What do people think of the dimarcos compared to the PP's? Is it a compromise or do people rate them over the PP's?

Budget is probably at most £600'ish a seat...

Thanks

ph1 172
All depends on your body type/shape too. I found Suzuka's no good for me. Not tight enough on the hips but the wings were too narrow nipping my shoulders in. I now have Corbeau Revolutions and they fit me well but IMO no good for an everyday car.

The only way to find a seat that you like is through trying them out.

Personally, with your budget I would buy nothing but Recaro SPG's. £532 each from JJC delivered.

RB 182
As mentioned,

Try all different types of seats to see what feels better for you. Many look the same but feel completely different. I was going to buy some Sabelt Tarus seats as per clio cup racers, but when I tried sitting in one It didn't feel too comfortable. In the end I went to Cobra direct and was happy with the Evo seats :)

As Sam mentioned, the Sebring Pro's are top notch but poor for daily driving due to the solid side protectors.

Suzuka's will be a good mixture of them both :)

All depends on your body type/shape too. I found Suzuka's no good for me. Not tight enough on the hips but the wings were too narrow nipping my shoulders in. I now have Corbeau Revolutions and they fit me well but IMO no good for an everyday car.

The only way to find a seat that you like is through trying them out.

Personally, with your budget I would buy nothing but Recaro SPG's. £532 each from JJC delivered.

Wings are a definite no no for me...

My short list ATM is...

Recaro PP's
Cobra Suzuka's
Bimarco Expert (RS Stiching)

But that is prior to going to tweeks to sit in them all :) so it may all change!

ph1 172
Wings are a definite no no for me...

My short list ATM is...

Recaro PP's
Cobra Suzuka's
Bimarco Expert (RS Stiching)

But that is prior to going to tweeks to sit in them all :) so it may all change!

Also try and have a sit in the Recaro SPG too, within your budget but more supportive that the PP

Evo 8 MR
I've got Bimarco Futuras and they are a lot lighter than standard seats, not sure on exact figures though.