ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lightweight ICE

Is it possible to get lightweight ICE?? I was just wandering as when i get my new car i wouldnt want to weigh it down with loads of heavy ICE. If so is it as good as normal stuff and how much does it cost compared to the nomal gear??

Cheers Phil

the only ones i know of that are possible are

Focal - they have a slimline set of components, but not exactly going to save much weight

best bet is to keep it simple, use fibreglass for most of the install other than mdf

problem is, most of the better ICE weighs more

for example, my boston acoustics 8" sub weighs more than my old 12" kicker comp vr subs

Kenwood Dual Mags stuff is very light.

The other option is an 8" JL W3 in a small (think they function well in 0.75 cubic feet) 15mm MDF enclosure.

One 4 channel Amp to power the lot and you are laughing

Get a 2ohm stable amp and the JL in Dual 4ohm voice coil and you can run two channels to the sub and two to the front speakers...sorted

350z & 16v Maxi

Quote: Originally posted by Cord-172 on 19 May 2003

Kenwood Dual Mags stuff is very light.

The other option is an 8" JL W3 in a small (think they function well in 0.75 cubic feet) 15mm MDF enclosure.

One 4 channel Amp to power the lot and you are laughing

Get a 2ohm stable amp and the JL in Dual 4ohm voice coil and you can run two channels to the sub and two to the front speakers...sorted

Dont you mean a dual 2 ohm sub?