ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lightweight Race Wheels

Well I really like the look of the black Pro Comp 1 but they are 17s and I want to stick with 16s for best holding....also Im getting the blue 172 and I dont think black wheels will go...would look mean on the red though!

Ad

MK2 FRS

You can get them in any of the team dynamques colours. I think the Pro Comps 1 would look ace. The pro race 2 would look really good. They arent too bad in price either. In 16" they are just over £400 for the alloys only , if I remember right. Ive had these in mind for my 172 for a while, quite fancy white, though think they will be a nightmare to keep clean.

Ad

MK2 FRS

I once remember someone saying that the satndard wheel and tyre weighed 16kg approx, So a 6.2kg rim with tyre is bound to save weight. Not sure it will convert into any significant performance gains, but its nice to think it might. They just look good quality rims, that are hand machined, made to order and a a really affordable price.

It should make a bit of a difference - after all, if youre going from 4 x 16kg (64kg) to 4 x 6.2kg (25kg) + tyres, thats about 30-40kg weight loss, which is a fair bit! The Cup is only 80-90kg(?) lighter than the 172...

Plus, the decrease in weight of the wheels should enable faster acceleration? Maybe? :confused:

What you wont beat is the weight of the steel spare, i was almost tempted to get another three when i realised how little they weighed!

Those team dynamics wheels do look quite nice and arent that expensive for the low weight, get them, youll be the first!

-Rob

dunno

phase one valver wheels weight as much as nothing (not literally)

i think they would always be a good option for a lightweight wheel