ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Limitations to the clay bar?

Golf MK7,GSX-R600 L4
Just wondering if I can use my clay bar on my turinis ? the back ones are caked in yellow tar stuff and it wont come off with just soap and water and I've also tried wonder wheels, still no luck:dead:. I cant see why i shouldnt use the clay bar on the wheels but can someone tell me either way if i can use this?

Clio 04 172 Cup
I dont think clay would be all that good for you problem. Try Auto Glym Clean wheels it has a mild alkalia in it which will desolve most stuff.

Mondeo STTDCI
If Wonder Wheels doesnt remove it I doubt Clay will.

Try AG Tar remover if thats what it is, but I fear that its too late for your turini's and they may need a refurb.

106 GTi
I save my old clay to use on wheels, works a treat.

Anything above the paints surface clay does a good job at shearing off.

Golf MK7,GSX-R600 L4
I still have my leftover clay from todays clean. Might try it tomorrow, I'll post up before and after pics if its worth it....

Yeh i also use old clay on alloys, funny you have problems with your turinis, mine were really easy to keep clean

Clio 182
I'd tried the Autoglym stuff with a brush and it wouldn't shift the crap on my alloys. Tried claying them today and it was MUCH more effective! Still not perfect but the clay was in shreds by then, but they look so much better!!

Golf MK7,GSX-R600 L4
182_blue said:
Yeh i also use old clay on alloys, funny you have problems with your turinis, mine were really easy to keep clean

think i neglected them over the winter time :dapprove: