ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

limiter issues

80MPG BEEZA
i have 13 row oil cooler on and my manifold ceramic coated the temp sits under half, even after a few mintues of some stick (after 15 mins warm up) it still sits at under half sometimes 2 marks below and so it seems it hits the early limiter when taking it near the top, which cant be god as its their for a reason, any ideas?

i mean its pretty cold atm maybe see what its like on a hot day?

Lionel Richie
oil temp i believe is one of the checks the ecu does before allowing the full limiter, if the oil is too cold it won't go all the way up

is it a thermo plate on the cooler?

80MPG BEEZA
no just a sandwhich plate i think? just 2 pipes coming out to cooler and filter on the end of it

a thirsty one
i used to run an oil cooler and used them with and without, i had some thin metal cut to the size of the cooler and had one with a hole in middle the other had 2 holes to alter amount of air and as metal heat not an issue, sounds like you maybe overcooling the oil. even those with thermostat still allow some oil through.