ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Limp home fault

Help needed please, I have a 172 2002 clio that's running poor when cold and runs in limp home mode now and again, sometimes It can be ok other times it's hard to drive, no engine light on, but codes stored was throttle position sensor, bank 2 lambda sensor, brake switch fault, I have cleaned the throttle body that seems fine, checked all the connections they all seem fine , anyone had this fault and sorted it ? Thanks

Clio 172 Cup
My 172 Cup 2003 has had limp mode probs for nearly a year now.

Initially had the throttle position error (checked by renault equipment) so replaced the unit but hasn't worked. It'll go for months with no problems and then (just like lunchtime today!) it'll go into limp mode twice or more in a short period of time. It always resets after switching off then on again, but its still really baffling and annoying as to what it is.

I cleaned the throttle body and checked all wiring as well and everything seems to be ok, but obviously still got issues.

I think its just a process of elimination job with these faults, so wiring between pedal and ECU next and hopefully not a new ECU in the end!

It's such a pain, anyone got a guide to check this wiring ? My car is now also leaving the ignition on when turn the key off and take out, only sometimes it turn off, any help anyone ?