ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Limp Home Mode Issue Continues...

German Barge
Finally got round to fitting my new bits the other day, a brand new accelerator pedal assembly, and a 2nd hand throttle body.

Put these on, and got my mate (RAC fella) to come and reset all the "error codes". Once this was done, i disconnected the battery, left for 15 minutes, fitted throttle body, reconnected batter, ignition on, left for 1 minute, off for one minute, then back on until the fan kicked in twice.

Driving today, everything seemed fine...but low and behold the same symbol (box with graph line through it) lights up on the dash, and limp home mode comes into play again...

plug it back into the RAC laptop, and the same error code appears "Throttle Position Sensor Circuit A".

Am i missing something? Or is there more to it? i.e. down to renault for a "proper" ecu reset?

Thanks again all for help in advance...

172 ph1 ASBO SLAYER
the faults found on a scanner might not be the actual unit it could be the wiring or plug or even assosicated component or even an internal fault in the ecu.
just 'cos the code says "Throttle Position Sensor Circuit A". it may not be the ACTUAL sensor thats at fault you may need to look deeper

German Barge
nothing has been touched - this fault has occured since first picking up the car. I think i can see a trip to renault coming up for a diagnositics...

German Barge
took it down to renault today, but as it has only done it once they can't detect the fault as it has not yet been logged... :(

Volvo S60 T5
check the wiring in the engine fuse box, had this a few time.
You will have to unmount the relay holder to see the wiring properly, have a look for any signs of corrosion or broken wires.

German Barge
thanks mike - would like to have it sorted before i come down to you.

i do think it is more electrically based.

German Barge
Good afternoon folks,

Mike i have taken off the fuse cover, and had a good look in the fuse box for suspect wiring, and i found the following.

P1000649Large.jpg

P1000651Large.jpg

P1000652Large.jpg

P1000654Large.jpg

now it looks like it has been soldered together - is this normal???? and what is it exactly?

Lionel Richie
they all get pissed abut with in there it seems, i guess its for the alarm, i've never checked, but mine had spliced wiring also

German Barge
yes i think it is the alarm - ill investigate further, i also cleaned my neg batt terminal too, as it was caked in white muck :S

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
Wiring at the throttle pedal, tighten the pins and make sure the wiring isnt pulling to much, also may need the throttle adaptives reset.

Renaul clio 1.2 16v
Have you checked the wireing loom. behind the engine you should have a metal block which pulls off. There are wires there and the metal block rubs through the wires. I had a similar fault and that sorted it. I had to get a new loom, and that metal block is no longer on. Worth a quick look

kic

former 1.2 16v, now corsa
mate i am honestly just back from the garage where i had my accident repair work done a week ago, they plugged it in for me and said its not related to the accident ( i knew that as it was happening before) but thought i'd try blag it lol well it came back as a fault with the THROTTLE POSISTIONING SENSOR, could be a few things ie THROTTLE BODY NEEDS CLEANED wiring etc. mines has happened a few times so i put it down to it needing cleaned. got the haynes manual out and browsing through it, i have the D4F engine ( 1.2 16v) and it says the throttle valve is electrcally motorised and is not operated by an accelerator cable. if the throttle valve is renewed, the new unit must be reprogrammed. although it is possible to carry out the reprogramming without dedicated equipment, any fault codes stores by the engine management ECU must be erased with a special diagnostic tool.

HERES WHEN THEY TRIED TO ROB YOU WITH THE REPROGRAMMING

minimum throttle stop must be reprogrammed as follows

a) switch the ignition on for approx. 3 secs
b)switch off he ignition and wait aprox, 5 secs
c) restart the engine and allow the coolant temperature to reach 60oC (approx. 3 mins from ambient temp of 20oC
d) road test the car and allow the ECU to learn the throttle valve adaptives

IF YOU DONT ALREADY HAVE A HAYNES MANUAL GET ONE AS THERE IS QUITE A GOOD GUIDE HOW TO GET THE THROTTLE BODY OUT