ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Limp-mode diagnosed throttle pedal :(

1.2 daily +172 ph1
Had the car diagnosed and it turned out to be a throttle pedal isue.

Changed and its still doing the same thing going straight into limp mode after 3-4 seconds after start up. but now on ignition the coil sign in the middle does not apear.

SANY0632.jpg

My question is realy is what is the next step that i take do i diagnose it and turn off the coil light and try again with the new throttle pedal or do i get the wiring checked form the throttle pedal to the top of the throttle body?

Cars bin off the road for a week now and need it doing asap. Thanks

Yea ECU cover rubs through the engine loom. Its an Inlet off job but its not too bad to do, a couple of hours if youve never done one.

1.2 daily +172 ph1
Yea ECU cover rubs through the engine loom. Its an Inlet off job but its not too bad to do, a couple of hours if youve never done one.

No never done one tbf mate but all tourqs just look all hidden.

the box at at the back was very very lose m8te and it has been re solderd be fore almost a year ago but i am guna un ravile the electricle tap at the top and see if i have any isssues ill take pics to see if im looking in the right area.

ITB'd MK1
the loom is about £125-£130 from renault. It's not just the cover rubbing that's the issue, they corrode quite badly too.

The inlet manifold removal is the worst part of the job. I'd always give the throttle body a thorough clean whilst it's apart, and replace all the gaskets (including the rocker cover)

1.2 daily +172 ph1
Just had a quick look and tooks some pics there has been some rubbin on the electrical tap but carnt quite see if its hit the wires.

SANY0641.jpg

SANY0643.jpg

1.2 daily +172 ph1
get rid of that silly cover for a start. does nothing but damage

I think the damage has already been caused lol bad times.

to be onest dude my uncle's friend did the wiring be for on this car so im guna get him to have a look and get him to sort it out as Just cba with the hassel.

Megane dci 130
Have this problem day in day out on d4f. The main problem is poor connections to the throttle body inside the manifold.

1.2 daily +172 ph1
Have this problem day in day out on d4f. The main problem is poor connections to the throttle body inside the manifold.

Monday tuesday im guna remove the inlet and have a look at all upper wiring loom to throttle pedal - throttle body.

Wa tourqs do i need to remove the inlet Thanks ?

53 Clio 172
Is that the wiring loom for the throttle to the injection computer? I have this problem and garage says its the micro brakes in the loom????