ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

LIMP MODE

Car has been going into limp mode alot recently which means when am on the motor way it happens so i have to turn the car off then back on it wont rev over 5000 in low gear's .

does anyone know whats up with it before it goes into the garage .

cheer's

BG V6, LY 182
my old 1.2 done this. So annoying.
turned out it was the coil pack.
fairly common problem if im not mistaken.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
It's normally a iffy sensor or coil pack.

I'd start with the coil pack. Then the TDC sensor, then check the lambda sensors... your Cup has two

172cup
mine was a new throttle body + faulty coil pack @ £600+

Get it on a diagnostic first. If it says pedal positition sensors, its the throttle body

172Cup
mine was a new throttle body + faulty coil pack @ £600+

Get it on a diagnostic first. If it says pedal positition sensors, its the throttle body

When you say "throttle body" do you mean the pedal assembly? I've just had a new throttle pedel put in after it went in to limp mode... i've got a problem with the revs at idle now... they're wandering up and down from 800 up to about 1400 ish? any ideas what it could be?

172 Cup by the way

172cup
When you say "throttle body" do you mean the pedal assembly? I've just had a new throttle pedel put in after it went in to limp mode... i've got a problem with the revs at idle now... they're wandering up and down from 800 up to about 1400 ish? any ideas what it could be?

172 Cup by the way

entire throttle body assembly had to be replaced on mine. The fault code on the diagnostic was showing as 'throttle position sensor', which i thought may have been the pedal assembly. However in the end had bugger all to do with it. Brand new throttle body + coil pack ftl. Not cheap

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Count yourself lucky mine won't go above 2k rpm :S it's going in tomorrow... looking like it's either the spark plugs, coilpack or oxygen sensor.

Clio 1.2
@ kayzee, ive had the same problem with my car. Did you get any results when you took the car in ?

Renaul clio 1.2 16v
I had to buy a new wireing loom as the Map sensor was picking up wrong info. Wireing loom had exposed wires from the stupid metal block renault put on it. Also i cleaned my throttle body which helped loads