ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Little Alarm help

Just need some quick help.

My alarm has recently started going off by itself about 3 mins after i arm it and am getting no end of hassle from it. Not to mention the crabby women going on and on and on about the noise.

Anyway, i arm it and walk off....then it goes off.....for no reason.

looked at the sensors, checked if anything is setting it off etc etc...nothing that hasnt been in there before, and its no diff from normal, so cant think why.

Although, today my interior light has been turning itself on....slowly fading on, then staying on. I think the drivers side light switch (that turn the light on when you open the door) is bust as i open tha door and close it again and its fine, till it fades in again about 5 mins later.

If this switch is broke (and it is, taken the light bulb out) will it cause the alarm to go off?

Man its annoying me!!!!

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2

Yes probably, as if the light is coming on, leads me to believe the car thinks there is an entry point open. In this case your door. A new sensor should do the trick.

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

yeah, because most alarms go off if the interior light is on as it is possible the door is opened! because doors dont have any other sensors other than the ones that activate the interior light! Replace them and it should sort it!

Nice to help u out for a change Ben! :)

GDI Demo 182, Rsi Spider

sounds like its a voltage drop problem, if the alarm is sensing the drop it thinks there is an intrusion attempt and starts shouting

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

yeh the switch will make it go off, the alarm will be wired in to the switch to detect when a door is opened.

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

taking the bulb out wont disable that trigger line.you will need to disconnect the door pin switch and insulate the connector until you get a new one.have you checked the a pillar connector is in good condition and not full of water? is the alarm led giving you a trigger count?

Quote: Originally posted by Andy GDI on 07 February 2004

sounds like its a voltage drop problem, if the alarm is sensing the drop it thinks there is an intrusion attempt and starts shouting
But bulb is out, should be no drain?

Quote: Originally posted by JAY172 on 07 February 2004

taking the bulb out wont disable that trigger line.you will need to disconnect the door pin switch and insulate the connector until you get a new one.have you checked the a pillar connector is in good condition and not full of water? is the alarm led giving you a trigger count?
Took it out as not to drain the batt thats all........

THe switch isnt in good condition no, hence me thingking its fooked........just checking as im no bloody good with these things.

And trigger count....if i knew the number, possibly.....but since i didnt put the alarm in i have no idea of its specs or model number.....

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

Quote: Originally posted by Andy GDI on 07 February 2004

all renault alarms use earth trigger signals from pin switches rather than detecting a drain on the battery.removing the bulb wont disable the trigger line.

Jay, its this part right?

77 00 772 596 SWITCH I/LIGHT 21 6.87 ---3 x 1

Thank god thats one cheapish thing.

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

Quote: Originally posted by BenR on 07 February 2004

Quote: Originally posted by JAY172 on 07 February 2004

Took it out as not to drain the batt thats all........

THe switch isnt in good condition no, hence me thingking its fooked........just checking as im no bloody good with these things.

And trigger count....if i knew the number, possibly.....but since i didnt put the alarm in i have no idea of its specs or model number.....
what does the alarm key fob look like?

Key fod is black and has a button on it!???........lol.....

Key says "Autowatch CEPT. LPD-GB 202-000

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

just asking because if its an old valver/williams the alarm key fob would be black with a green button and a yellow button on it if its a genuine alarm.if its a 172 then it works off the original vehicle plip.all decent alarms use earth signals rather than voltage drains(most alarms will go off if the siren loses it permanent feed from the vehicle battery but thats all).the alarms that use battery drains are these cheap fit it yourself things out of argos etc that are just pointless.the interior light will defo be the cause of your alarm problem but it will be the pin switch switching to earth that triggers the alarm rather than the interior light causing a battery drain.check all pin switches and door connectors first.

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

Quote: Originally posted by BenR on 07 February 2004

Jay, its this part right?

77 00 772 596 SWITCH I/LIGHT 21 6.87 ---3 x 1

Thank god thats one cheapish thing.
couldnt tell you without looking up the part number at work.

you know a bit of the good old wd40 usually solves the problem. Spray it down the switch and press it in a few times...does wonders.

yeah they are a bit fragile and a real tw*t to put back in. Should cost less than a fiver. Just get a new switch to be on the safe side and a new rubber seal.