ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

little job from this morning...

got fed up having a crap steering wheel that you become part of when its hot, and had this lying around my house not been used.....:approve:

DSC01053.jpg

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Only aftermarket wheel that looks like it belongs in a RS is the Sabelt one.

in your opinion of course.....its used everyday though and a) didnt want a suade wheel as it would wear, b) i already had this in the house.

cheers :) i'm well happy just been out for a quick spin and it feels so much better. driving position is miles better and i can actually get my left foot on to the brake pedal now for the odd left foot braking occasions, which i couldnt do before.

ben_p thats exactly what i didnt want to happen, they look awesome when you first fit them but as i do 20k a year it'd be dead in no time.

just got to get some spade adaptors for the horn wiring now....

Black Gold Trophy
looks good, definitely a sensible fix if you had it lying around, I've bought a spare wheel, going to get it trimmed at some point

glad you all like it

insurance wise, i phoned them up just after i fitted it and they didnt charge me any extra. thats with bell.

also means my original doesnt get any worse in case i want to swap back when i come to sell the car.

yeh they are mate, bought them off fubar a while ago.

official decision after a early morning drive to my mates for the f1 this morning is i love it. such a difference in the way the car feels. feels like theres a lot less slack in the steering which makes turn in etc so much more confidence inspiring. was alittle concerned it'd be too small but its perfect size. just the stalks are a little further away now, but i can deal with that.

cheers to warren for the boss by the way ;)

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
yeh they are mate, bought them off fubar a while ago.

official decision after a early morning drive to my mates for the f1 this morning is i love it. such a difference in the way the car feels. feels like theres a lot less slack in the steering which makes turn in etc so much more confidence inspiring. was alittle concerned it'd be too small but its perfect size. just the stalks are a little further away now, but i can deal with that.

cheers to warren for the boss by the way ;)

do u have any idea wer i could get them from?or had they just been coverd in the material by himself?

he just did them himself i think, you can buy the material off interenet an do it yourself though, shouldnt imagine it'd be too hard. was going to do my pillars in the same but never got round to it.