ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Little sticker on the speedo (cannot prove mileage)

Clio 2.0 Sport 172
When I bought my 172 on Friday I noticed this sticker on my speedo

says "The mileage on this unit cannot be proven so "some agency" has to assume that it is incorrect"

this is going to cause problems if I ever need to seel it isn't it? :(

It's a standard thing, don't worry about it.

For what ever reason the seller cannot fully trace the history of the car as such they cannot prove 100% that the mileage is correct - hence the sticker. It came about because of completely straight garages getting sued for selling cars they couldn't have had any idea had been clocked. As such lack of 100% proof of mileage = cop out sticker.

Cheers
M

Yup standard.

You should be able to check the cars MOT history online. IIRC that has milages on it.

Skoda
IIRC its all to do with it not being illegal to "correct" the mileage on a car but its illegal to sell it on knowing it's been done

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
You guys say about rigging the milage but surely the current MOT cert will clear it up?

E.g... car has its MOT in 2008 - 60k on the clock.. 2009 car goes in for MOT & has 30k on the clock... surely the MOT tester will relise thats not right & even if he did & was bent surely he cannot just change the whole history of the car on the data base?

182 FF
just a standard thing this, most big garages do it on vehicles they took in on a part ex