ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

LM51 *** leicester

_WILL_

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
172 parkd on lorne road, clarendon park at around 2.00 today. Cliosport.net sticker in back window.

Suzuki SV650
That'd be me, I live on the next street.

Haven't been on these forums for ages. What reg is your cup I will look out for it?

_WILL_

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
reg is L12 CUP (came with the car). My girlfriend used to live on lorne but we have just moved in together on avenue road extension. Which road do you live on cos I haven't seen your car before?

Suzuki SV650
I've seen your cup a few times I think.

Been on Lytham Road for just over a year now, you are pretty much just round the corner then. I get fed up trying to find somewhere to park around this area, as I finish work late in town I can never find a space when the university students are around in term!

_WILL_

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
Sorry, im a student :eek: (bit more mature than most tho and my girlfriend has graduated) but i know exactly what you mean. Plus i live here permanently know not just term time. I quite like the idea of parking permits? They have them in Loughborough and its much better up there.

Suzuki SV650
I don't know if they can enforce such a thing without passing on the cost to the residents. If I had a guaranteed space outside my house then I perhaps would be willing to pay, but how much? Having said that, it won't happen, there are far too many houses with 2+ cars per household to be able to fit them all on the streets. What are you studying?

polo, here for lols
im also a student in Leicester. I don't have my car up here though. The parking permits are anoying as hell. Where im living now my house mate is being fined because they could not read the reg of his car properly off of his temp permit. Never mind the fact that the permit was on his dash board!! They are f'ing ruthless!! Going to assume your a leicester uni student because of where you live??

_WILL_

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
Yeah leicester uni student, studying mechanical engineering, in my 3rd and final year.

There are a lot of houses with 2+ cars, last year there were a couple of student houses with 4 cars which is stupid. The reason i like the idea of the permits is cos you can only get one if you live in the area but i agree it would only make real sense if you had a guaranteed space outside your house. The permit was on his dash board and i guess they could read some of the reg? put 2 and 2 together, what w*****s.

Stevie where about do you work in town?

nozza you leicester or DMU ?

Suzuki SV650
I work at a bar called Barristers which is just off Belvoir Street near Fenwicks. We've only been open less than a year. Most nights I finished well after midnight, hence why I have trouble finding a space. To be honest I should really buy a bike or just walk as its only 30 minutes, but I'm too lazy. Plus it stops me drinking after work (most of the time!)

Fri or Sat I sometimes finish as late as 4am, by the time I've gone for a quick drink or two and gotten back to Clarendon Park, I'm guessing some people have left for work and its easier to find a space at about 6am.

_WILL_

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
Fri or Sat I sometimes finish as late as 4am, by the time I've gone for a quick drink or two and gotten back to Clarendon Park, I'm guessing some people have left for work and its easier to find a space at about 6am.

Nice, obviously you have to stat out cos you need to find a parking space!!!!:D
Whats the bar called?

im DMU mate. Doing Human Psychology, also in my final year, fun fun fun

Yeah lots of fun, there seems to be so much more to do in the final year!!!

Suzuki SV650
Nice, obviously you have to stat out cos you need to find a parking space!!!!:D
Whats the bar called?

Barristers! Not 'Barister' (as in coffee, although we do serve a decent cup). The building is an old courthouse, hence the name.

_WILL_

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
I will have a look for it tonight, my gf works very near there (next to McDonalds). I like the name, nice touch!

polo, here for lols
i think i know where you mean, keep seeing loads of clio sports around leiester, how many members are there on here? We should have a meet (i would need a lift though :eek:)

Suzuki SV650
If I'm there after 6pm, I'll leave my flamer opposite, on the street outside Waterstones.

I gave up going to meets ages ago, wouldn't mind going to another one if there was a chance someone would take me out in their 197/200 or an R26 :O)

_WILL_

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
If I'm there after 6pm, I'll leave my flamer opposite, on the street outside Waterstones.

I gave up going to meets ages ago, wouldn't mind going to another one if there was a chance someone would take me out in their 197/200 or an R26 :O)

I will have a look for the flamer as i go past tonight. As for a ride, i tried getting a test drive in a 200, once in chester where im from which was an epic fail, then once again in leicester, but again failed. Sure if someone has one they won't mind taking you out in it!!!

Was going to try and organise a meet a few weeks back but someone ran into the back of my car so decided to wait for it to be repaired before i organised anything, but even tho its fixed i have just not got round to it. Will see how busy i am over the next few weeks. Just worries me that even if people say they will come that they might not actually turn up so it becomes a bit of a waste of time.

(i would need a lift though )

Sure there are a few CS members a DMU but if you can't get a lift with them i can come pick you up, if there are any meets.