ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lock and unlock bleeps

Exclusive no. 144
So, I just got a 182 today (yay!) but when I lock the car it bleeps twice, and when I unlock the car it bleeps once. I'm presuming it's not a standard alarm, right? Does anyone know how I can disable the lock/ unlock bleeps?

Exclusive no. 144
No idea, just bought the car today... Will have a look when I have some light tomorrow. It's a pain in the arse though- really quite loud when locking/ unlocking!
Appreciate the speedy replies!

Exclusive no. 144
From one DrR to another- I feel your pain!! I had the same with an old clifford alarm on my 205gti and that was fairly easy to disable... If I find out how, I'll let you know!

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Cheers, but I'll just leave it on mine, I don't want to be touching anything to do with alarms lol.

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
I would just take the alarm off if it annoyed me that much and fit one which didn't do the beeps.
Nobody pays attention to them anyway 99% of the time anyway.

adamlstr

ClioSport Club Member
They bleep when unlocked to notify you when the alarm has gone off while armed.

Different beep sequences relate to which part of the car was compromised. I can't remember what numbers mean what though, it's likely in the handbook.

So, you might have a dicky sensor if you only have a standard alarm fitted.