ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Locking/unlocking problem...

Black Gold 182
Hi all, I have a PH1 172.

Basically when I lock the car with the fob, sometimes it locks then immediately unlocks. I then press the fob again to lock it (I can do it up to 2-3 times before it stays locked. Also it does this vice versa, ie when I come back to the car to unlock it.

Other times it only takes 1 press...

Is this something simple like the battery getting low in the fob or something? :eek:

Cheers

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Hi all, I have a PH1 172.

Basically when I lock the car with the fob, sometimes it locks then immediately unlocks. I then press the fob again to lock it (I can do it up to 2-3 times before it stays locked. Also it does this vice versa, ie when I come back to the car to unlock it.

Other times it only takes 1 press...

Is this something simple like the battery getting low in the fob or something? :eek:

Cheers

I would change battery in key fob in first instance. Do you have to move the key around to get it to activate?

Is the button sticking (so effectively registering the press twice?)

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
What Don said, sometimes mine does it when I press the button,
most of the time it's down to me pressing it like a pansy, but when it started doing it loads,
I switched to using my spare key and it doesn't do it any more.

Tbh I could just change the battery in the other one, but i'm lazy. :D