ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Locking Wheel Nuts

I need to get my locking wheel nuts off, problem being ive lost the locking wheel nut key!!

I know im a complete idiot-ive been going to loads of placs trying to find a way of getting them out and have been given these two options: -

1) Get another locking wheel nut key (place i bought it from said they cant get me one with out the box which has some code on it even thogh i have the invoice with the part no. etc!)

2)Get the nut pulled out and then have to get the hub re-threaded - which i was told is very expensive

Please tell me that someone can give me a miracle cure, im going mad

this happened to my brothers xr2, so he got a socket rench socket thingy ruffly the same size and hammered it on and it worked a treat and he screwed it off. Needles to say he couldnt use the the socket thingy and the nut again as they were stuck together and now useless.

Ive just had to have this done on my Williams, in the end i found a place that welded a nut on the end and spun them off with an air rachet, cost me £20 in total, or Tyre Sales said they could have done it by hammering a socket on and spinning them off that way, they wanted £25. Hope this helps

Cheers

Dazz

we do this 2 or 3 times every satarady, its do as said, note if there is a skim/washer round the edge break this off usinf a small screw driver then hammer on a big socket easy peasey, to remove the offending locker put a punch in a vice put this though the hole in the middle of the socket and pop it out easy, some socket do split by the way, alternativly take all the other studs off and drop the jack it will pop the locker out and the drill it out no probs, i cant see what machien could pull a stud out, and if possible the thread would be knacker beyond repair, dont pay more than a tenner mate its a piece of piss

lofty

silver valver/hybrid

wat you need is one of those multipin wrenches, you know the one that is like a normal wrench but has a load of pins in it so it is used for all sizes.

Thanks guys, finally got it done at a garage just down the road from me (london)for £20, he just whacked somethig onto the nuts and then screwed them off - easy.

Cheers for the help